Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

On many blogs and posts and people I've come into contact with, they seem to be on a right downer at the moment. The weather has been awful, apart from wednesday and now its back to normal, horrid. Many people, self and family included, has had one virus or another and I think half the country is feeling tired and fed up. Then of course you get 'one of those weeks' added to the mix. I know its after Christmas, but what a month.

So....if you are feeling like that....you're not alone and if you have a spring in your step, let us know your secret!

Roll on weekend!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

No secret Amanda, just smile and see the funny side of things, it works for me.

I have lots of reasons in my life to have a downturned mouth but I always see the bright side of life. Yes the weather is really yuk right now and I will be so glad to see the back of it all, but hey just think how much worse things could be. We could get ice storms, tons of snow etc. but really we don't do too bad here in the UK in comparison to other countries do we! I've just gotten over my second cold in....wait for it....twenty years, so I have just been reminded what it's like to feel grotty, but it passes so lets do what Morcombe and Wise sang ' Always look on the bright side of life, da dum da da da da da dum'

Have a great day, keep smiling.

Hugs, Jane.    bear_thumb  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_thumb

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

I was talking about this with friends just this morning! There are some awful viruses going around - most people I know who have caught the cold bug have ended up with a chest infection, ugh. And then there's the tummy bug, that's rife in schools at the moment. The weather....well, what can I say??? My dad (who was born in 1928) says he remembers crisp, white winters from years gone by, not the grey rainy ones we get nowadays. It never gets light at the moment! I'm sure that's a major factor in the general 'under the weather' syndrome that many of us are suffering from......

That said, I'm generally an optimistic person and tend not to let it get me down  :lol:. If I get caught in the rain (like I did an hour ago!) I tend to enjoy it! Yes, I'm one of those irritating people who whistles happily while walking in a rain storm! Even if it's cold and miserable I make inane comments to people I pass, like 'good weather for ducks!'. Maybe I'm just a bit mad...but it helps!

I do wish we could see some blue sky for a while though  bear_whistle

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

All too true Jane. I do think all these cold virus's have knocked everyone for six. Then there have been some terrible floods in some parts. I've a friend who feels tired all the time due to an illness, it must be very hard to motivate herself, but like you say, we do have a laugh and that helps.

Lets hope the sun shines soon, and gives us a spring in our step! bear_flower

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

well, we were all poorly over xmas... much worse for the kids than us.... but im just glad we are all well and healthy and that it wont be long before the sun pops out and we can dose up on vitimin D ... then we'll be set to face... another wnter!!!!i find choocy is a great quick fix and thank god its easters on the way and the shops are filled with cadburys mini eggs!!

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Mmmmmmm......cadbury's mini eggggggs.......  bear_happy

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I've had two years of 'stuff'...I am so used to it now I just think it's me!! My sister has to have a very serious operation in a few weeks, she's got a problem with her neck that may leave her paralysed if she doesn't have the operation..which is not without risk itself...it's made me think that there is no point in putting up with nonsense and worrying about too much. Enough s*** comes our way on it's own without worrying about what might happen next!!
I do think loads of people are in the doldrums here in the UK though..it's the weather..the bank rate...the government...Yes let's all blame the government..It [i]has [/i]to be their fault somewhere along the line!!!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Well, I'm up and down.  The weather is depressing that's for sure, but my youngest sister produced a new baby niece for me on Saturday, so that's definitely an 'up'!

Jenny, I don't know what neck op your sister needs, but my other half Stuart had to have two of his neck vertebrae 'fused' a couple of years ago and was in constant pain for many months prior to the op.  However, these days he's as daft as ever and completely back to his normal annoyingly bouncy self ... it's amazing what can be achieved with modern surgery, so good luck to your sister - I'm sure she'll soon be feeling much more comfortable. bear_flower

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awww congratulations Aunty Paula, how lovely, a new year baby!!   :hug:  bear_wub

Sorry to hear about you sister Jenny  bear_cry , if I'm honest, I'm in a similar boat.   My dad is just about to start a course of radiotherapy for a tumour, it's horrible.   So yes, I'm feeling low too, but Jane's advice is good, keep smiling if you can, and Jane I'll try, really I will!!   :hug:  :hug:

Hope you all start to feel better soon!!   :hug:  :hug:

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

Well you know reading these posts has actually cheered me up....I've been feeling really sorry for myself of late, I got the dreaded sickness virus over Christmas which is rife here in the UK at the moment... followed recently by a sinus infection, which has left me so depressed, and strangely weepy?? ...what's that all about??? So reading your comments it seems I'm not alone.....thanks girls..and I promise to cheer up.. bear_original ....roll on the Spring!!  bear_flower

Jenny...you certainly are having your fair share of worry's.... I hope your sister is soon on the road to a full recovery..take care... bear_flower

Big hugs to you all...Yvonne  :hug:  :hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

To all you poor darlings feeling punky- May you be blessed with warmth and humor and love and may you be healthy, and may all your creations turn out the way you dreamed.  I am sorry you feel so rotten.....

Bad things happen, but, Suffering is Optional.....you can do this Ladies, you can get through all the stuff and bother and find joy in life again!

prayers for all, about all, may blessings shower down on all of you.

dilu

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website

Hi Girls,
Yes its been an awful start to the New year. Thought I'd got away from catching the flu, but low and behold last saturday, whack! :crackup:
Still feeling not great, but after listening to everyone else's situations , that helps aliitle. When I was at my worst I'd try and sew some of the bear and have a play on TT. bear_thumb
Love to you all.
Kayxx.  bear_wub  bear_wub

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Lots of love and good wishes to our dear English girls.  Tomorrow is always another day, and I'm sure things will look brighter.  Perhaps watch some good comedy shows to have a giggle.  I think that the English have the best comedy in the world.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Thanks ladies..really appreciate the support. Yesterday my sister got 'the' phonecall...she has her operation on Monday. You can imagine how she's feeling!!! I am trying to be positive...but my sister is a nurse and knows far too much about 'stuff'.... I have everything crossed for a good outcome!!  :pray:  :pray:

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

We were all poorly at Christmas also with really bad cold viruses (they do seem to be extra bad ones this year) and you do feel a bit down for a while after them.  I do think that January and February are the most depressing months though, I try and get stuck into bear making and even try something new these months, it helps to look at holiday brochures too I think and imagine where it would be nice to go.  When it gets to March and the flowers start to come up in the garden I always start to feel a lot better.

Jenny I hope everything goes well with your sister on Monday, must be a worrying time for you.

Pauline

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Good luck to your sister, Jenny. Remember, the hospital staff know what they are doing... although it's natural to worry of course.  :hug:

And hugs to anyone else worried about something, or suffering illness, or just plain fed up of the weather! Make bears, and forget your troubles for a while!   bear_original

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi everyone! bear_flower

I'm so sorry to hear that so many of you are feeling very unwell at the moment with one thing or another and I think most people have been touched by illnesses one way or another.  A lot of people are just feeling fed up too .....  so .......  I hate to say this but .....  When you are feeling a bit better in yourself and  ......  if you hate this weather ...... there is only one thing to do!!!! 

Put on your wellies and go walkies!!!!!!!!!! 

I dragged myself out this afternoon in the wind and slight drizzle, dressing up to make sure I was not going to get soaked or anything and  the weather was miserable but mild today though somewhat windy at times and it was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!  So airy, and refreshing and revitalising!!!  Sorry,  I don't mean to sound like a TV advertisement but this did me the power of good!!!!!  YAY!!!! :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

I am sure at times we just look out of the window and the sight we see just makes us feel miserable before we start the day, but if you meet it head on, it's really not that bad!   Just keep away from the shops!

I am a bit mad because I actually love it when it's really windy and overcast, particularly down by the sea as it's so invigorating.  I would much rather it be like this than a miserable hot, sticky and humid eighty degrees plus, when you feel too worn out and exhausted to do anything and just sit around like a melting blob!!! :redface:

I can hear you all saying that I am mad!   bear_wacko  Weeeee!   Yes, I guess I am!!!!!!!!!

Hugs

Marilyn  bear_flower

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_flower Hi all, what we all need is a light box to restore some of the sunshine in our lives.  Just sit in front of it and soak up the sun.  I guess this time of year we all get one cold or another, cheer up spring is around the corner!

to you Jenny I send many prayers for your sister to get it done and recover to a well person once again.
Take care all and look on the bright side! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer