Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

beanies0091.jpg.................hi guys, do any of you collect these ty beanie babies???
my friend has asked me to sell them for her and ill be putting a few at a time on ebay but.... i just wanted to make sure that non of you collect them and needed any to complete a collection 1st x
or if anyone can offer me any advice as i dont have a clue what is worth what!!!!!
and crikey....... where do i start with this lot!!!???

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Ye gads, there are soooo many. I have a friend who sells them in her shop and sometimes they will buy back (at a reduced price) some of the more collectable bears. Maybe you have a shop in your area that could do the same for your friend collection. There are also groups on the internet for collecters of the Beanie Bears. Maybe you or your friend could join one or two of those and see if anyone is interested in buying any of the bears.
I'm to far into the mohair bears to buy these bears, they do look nice though.

hugs, Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

I collect them, the older ones are worth more, although the market is really depressed with them and has been for some years. Some of the more desirable ones would be worth getting authenticate by
www.pbbags.co.uk
as that does increase the amount they sell for.
By the looks of the photo I think I have most, but I will keep an eye on ebay for any that I don't have, thanks for the tip :hug:

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

thanks you guys, iv just put a small selction on and im just about to check out the pbbags website.
I think ill sell them in bits or ill be here forever!!!
there are 3 bin bags full and i wouldnt even begin to start counting.

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

I used to collect Beanie kids, which are very similar but are in Australia. I just sold my whole collection on Ebay. Some went for $10 AUD and some went for $150 Aud. depends on if you have some old ones that are very hard to come by. Good luck

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Good luck! I had about 30 in a yard sale two years ago and had to give them away towards the end of the day because no one would buy them.... the market is saturated. Of course I kept my bear beanies.... sold the rest. bear_laugh

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

i think you'll be right daphne..... some of them are older so should have abit of interest but the majority i think will end up back were they came from.
but ebay is full of beanie babies that have very few bids.
the lady im selling them for payed quite alot of money for them and it seems a shame after so many yrs that they have decreased in value.
iv only put a few groups on, just incase they dont sell so im not stuck with the ebay fees but i think they would do better on a car boot sale or something similar.
well, my two yr old enjoyed seeing them spread out all over my living room and has fallen in love with one!
so we have had fun playing if nothing else!!!

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Hi Kim,

Both of my sisters collect them,  the ones that they had a very hard time finding were the ones that limited to a specific Country.  I remember we had a maple Beanie Baby and it was only available in Canada, ones like that I wold think should be sold seperatly as I think they will bring in more money as they were ones we could not get our hands on (unless you knew someone in that country who could try and get you one)

big hugs

Shane

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Hi Kim, car boots are a bit hit and miss, you need to check your prices first. I had a loads that I sold at car boots and the moral is seller beware, the dealers will pick up the older or more exclusive ones at rock bottom prices.
I decided to hold on to mine (the bears anyway), I have alot of pre-1998 ish ones and I think they will eventually improve in value, this was prior to ty selling the company, the new company then flooded the market which I think in turn made the bottom drop out of it.
check outwww.cheshirebears.co.ukthis will give you an idea of the value, I am not saying you will get this on ebay or at a carboot but it will give you some idea of ranking. i.e. britannia (sewn flag) is worth twice the patch britannia etc

PS I gave up car boots last year partly due to headaches but also the type of customers that went to the one we went to expected most things fo pennies and became insulting when you did not comply

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

youre all stars!!
thanks shane... i have saved all the country ones till last... theres about 30 of them including canada which she did say was the most expensive.... she gave me one bags with the instructions that they were the special ones so i havent touched them yet.
ill research those on the website from fenbeary xxxx thanks again xxx bear_grin

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Can't help with beanie babies, I'm afraid, but LOVE this picture!

Now what's the one on the left-hand-side (in stars and stripes I think) trying to do??? Escape? Trample the others?!  bear_tongue  bear_grin

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

well helena!!!
he was trying to escape from my 2 yr old..... but was heading in the wrong direction, if you look right at the top left, its evies boot!!!
i have that many pictures of bears and such like that never get used because of little hands trying to touch!!!!
well, once the snap was taken.... i sat an enjoyed her amazement at so many little teds!!!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Kim

I think your kindness needs to be commented on.  Thank you for thinking of Talkercollectors first.

dilu

Board footer