Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

So far we have had a pretty mild winter but boy oh boy, did that change today! Yesterday it was -1C & a little bit cloudy but today its snowing like mad, the wind is howling at 50-70 kph & the temperature is -26C with a wind chill of -40C or more! bear_shocked  Tuesday has a wake up temp of  -34C!
I'm grateful for my tiny warm house & a vehicle that runs well (with a block heater plugged in overnight) but it sure is nippy!
WHAT'S THE WEATHER LIKE WHERE YOU LIVE?

Cheryl bear_flower (oh no...my little flower is FROZEN! :crackup: )

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I know, tell me about it! I feel so stuck at home with the little baby. No walks around the block for a while I guess! LOL

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Yes, we've been getting off easy this winter compared to some places and now I guess we are paying for it. Not quite as cold here yet but I think it's coming! It was +1 C this morning and started dropping early afternoon - down to about -10. Yikes, I just checked again and now it's -20!! At least we don't have much wind, yet! I think I'll be sitting pretty close to the fireplace for the rest of this week!

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

We here in Adelaide, Australia, have been having the hottest summer ever.  I am just so sick of hot days and would love some Winter chill.  Although our Winter is nothing like you girl experience.  Believe me, after a while, the hot weather is really draining.  We also are in a severe drought, and have not had rain for ages.  Mother Nature is not being very kind to us at the moment.  I can't wait for Winter.

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

It is very ver cold!!!  Lots of wind and snow as well as a weather warning for tonight and tomorrow.  It is -29c with the wind chill at the moment and it is yucky out there. 

My only thoughts are of the Mayan Riviera as we depart for there on Sunday morning - its +28c at the moment can't wait!

REVISED - It was -29c about 1/2 hour ago and now its -34c!!!  I've plugged my car in so that is will start tomorrow or maybe I will get a snow day off from work - fingers crossed!!!

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

I hear ya Cheryl... for lack of a better term this sucks! My Parents said the roads are horrible.. I am not looking forward to the drive to work in the morning.. my 4wd is giving me problems too... bllaahhh. Keep warm!!!
Bear Hugs!
Melanie

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

It was 69 degrees F here today . . . in the 70s tomorrow.   :redface:  :redface:  :redface:

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Eeeek, cold, cold, cold for you Canadians ! ! !   I've never experienced weather that cold.  Sounds painful.  It's rainy here in northern California but in the warm 40's.

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Mayan Riviera!! Jane, that sounds heavenly right now - lucky you! I don't suppose I could hide away in your suitcase????  bear_grin

puca bears puca bears

OMG - that is COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And here's me who has spent the weekend dreaming of one day fulfilling my great ambition of visiting Churchill to see the bears............
Here in Germany it is unusually mild - I just hope we don't have such a dramatic weather change as you........
Keep WARM, ladies
big huggies
Maria

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

Wow!  That is C-O-L-D!  Even in winter, it never gets that cold where I live (near the beach) and I have to drive 3-4 hours just to see snow!  I can't begin to imagine what it's like for all you TT'ers on the other side of the world - sounds like blizzard conditions!

I am 2 hrs south of Sydney in Australia - we are in the middle of summer here, and it's quite warm (tomorrow 32 degrees celsius) and at the moment, very humid (I think we can expect some rain in the next day or so).   

We have been pretty lucky with rain in my area - we're not on water restrictions because we've had so much rain, but unfortunately most of the rest of Australia is.   The drought has been very severe for a lot of areas, and now there are very bad floods in the north of Australia.  Mother nature certainly deals some strange hands sometimes - talk about going from one extreme to another!

Marg  bear_original

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I am so ready for winter to end.  It was soooo cold all of December , then warmed up a bit.   But, the past few days it was around  -27  with the wind.   Today is a snow day for the kids with snow &  freezing rain.  Just icky !
I hope it warms up for you guys in the west.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

This was my house yesterday (in the middle of all those trees).  We rarely get snow...the kind that actually sticks for more than a couple hours.  It's still here today and suppose to snow a little more today...nothing too exciting though.  We get that fun freezing rain stuff...YUK!!!  But in comparison to some of you...this is the tropics.

house.jpg

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

We woke up to -43c with the wind chill.  Most of the schools are closed and buses aren't running.

K Pawz Guest

it is making me cold just thinking about it!!! we had really nasty weather as well here on the west coast, but no where near what you guys are getting...warm thoughts to you all.
Hugs,
Krista

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Cheryl: we are going to get that same artic blast later this evening from Canada....below zero temps and all that wonderful  cold coming to Minnesota....But right now it will get into high 30's and maybe 40 degrees F which is rare  for this time of year. Sweaters for this afternoon and down filled parka's for this evening. Now that is weird!

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

Here in New Jersey it is chilly (for us that is) 20 degrees, but all week we are to have high in the 40's but with wind making it in the 30's.  My poor birds are so cold, I feed them as much as I can.  But I could never live in a place where the temp is below zero! I do not know how you all handle it.  How warm does it get in the summer?  Keep warm and stay indoors.

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton
Mo Beary wrote:

We woke up to -43c with the wind chill.  Most of the schools are closed and buses aren't running.

My son was soooooo in hopes of a snowday today but no such luck! They never seem to close the schools in the city. Mom:( bear_grin ) Son: ( bear_angry )!

It was a bone chilling -46C windchill this morning so I'm glad I don't have to go out to work today. 

I am sorry about the heat wave & drought in Australia, any extreme weather is tough and I guess with my true Canadian heart, I would pick cold over extreme heat!

PAT:The summer varies of course, but last summer we had several days of 30C+ & a couple of 35C days and although our Australian, African & desert dwelling TT'ers wouldn't call that steamy - that's plenty hot for me!

I'm sorry MICHELLE to be sending this your way as it is really wicked!!

Cheryl bear_thumb

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

I really don't know why we live here when it gets this cold.. lol. Brad drove me to work today, which I was not going to complain about because I really didn't want to drive.. and he has heated seats!  bear_grin
Hope everyone in the cold is keeping warm.. and those of you in the warm..  bear_tongue lol, I am jealous.. hurry up and blow some of that warm air this way! heehee.  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  :crackup:

Big bear Hugs!
Melanie

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Well, here in the desert we're having a cold spell. We're forcasted for low 50s F for the week when our normal temps are about 70-75 this time of year. We had rain last Friday night through all of Saturday and then a bit more last night. That's actually quite a relief here since we've had drought conditions here for years.

It's funny, though...when the weather gets cold like this, you can tell the year-rounders because they put on coats and boots and scarves, but when you see people in shorts and short sleaves you know they are more than likely our northern visitors who come in to enjoy our mild winters.

I can't imagine that kind of cold. But we can get temps of 125+ in the summer so we really enjoy this kind of a cold spell.

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

I can see the sun shining outside now, it is probably about 38 degrees, however yesterday and this morning til about 8 am we ahd winds of 70 mph and gust up to 90, with blowing snow, and visibility so bad you couldn't see to the end our driveway.  More snow to come.  bear_grin  can't stad to drive in it though

Okay this is an edit 30 minutes later it is now Blizzarding again!!!!! bear_ermm

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Here in France, the Winter is shy.
It finally decided to show its nose a few days ago and we know have beautiful frosts in the morning.  Temperatures drop a little under O°C in the mornings.
On radio and TV they warn us about frozen roads. Please, dear Canadian friends, donnot laugh at us!
In France, people panic for nothing : a few cm of snow or frozen roads for example!!!!!!!!

Until then, temperatures were milder than usual.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Don't worry about looking like a s crybaby Sophie, there's a whole wide belt across the States that panics when the temps are under 32F/0C. And an inch of snow sends them into a frenzy, to!

Me, I'll take Snow over Ice any day!

Every time we go into summer or winter, it makes me think of this: when it's freezing here in the No. Hemisphere and we call this Winter, that you Aussies and NZers are melting but don't call that (your version) of summer. You call that winter.
And when we have summer, you're cold and most likely wet but don't call that winter. The So. Hemisphere follows the 'names' of our weather patterns, even though they're having the opposite of temps & conditions of ours. Strange...

Does that make sense? Somehow I don't think I explained that in the words I mean. But what I mean mostly is that your summers are cold and uncomfortable and your winters are hot! I would have thought that you'd say, "We're having Summer now." Because that makes most dictionaries wrong (in descriptions of Summer & Winter) if it doesn't allude to the different ends of the earth, and make allowances for them!

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Hey Cheryl

My recently moved from Edmonton to New Zealand workmate is feeling pretty good about her shift of hemispheres right now!
Wellington isn't super warm - prob in the mid 20 degrees celsius - but that's sufficiently warm for us.  Warm enough for me to be looking out the window at the sunny blue skies and begrudge the fact that I'm stuck at work for another few hours.

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Oh My!!!! I could not imagine going out when it's that terrible, I do hope you all drive slow and be safe.
We had snow for a few days where i live a couple of years ago, and I was scared of walking to the letter box because it was so slippery.
And that wasn't even an inch of snow  :redface:

Board footer