Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

I have been thinking... are there any artist in this forum that has started manufactured their bears? It would be intresting to hear about the whole process! How do you go from making your own bears to letting a factory make them?

I'm very curious  bear_happy

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Jennie,

I know very little about it... but this might give you an idea:
http://www.edinburghimports.com/incubat … rtist.html

INCUBATOR is a service for artists... they act as the go between or middle person from artist to manufacturer. They have already found the manufacturer for you (I'm not sure what country the manufacturing company is in) and will coordinate the production of your piece.... leaving you in control of the look and quality... you have say in the end result.

For me finding a manufacturer... getting samples from each one, finding one that has access to the material I want used and is familiar with artist bears.... is the daunting and challenging task that could take months. With Incubator that process is already done for you saving lots of time!

Though Incubator might not be the right option for you, reading the page I've linked to above might give you a bit of insight into the process while you await response from someone who has real experience.

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

Thank you Daphne! That was exactly the information I was looking for!

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

By the way, has anyone tried the edingburgh incubator??  bear_wacko

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Jennie,
There have been a number of artists over the years who have used it. I'm not so sure that any participate here on TT though. Edinburgh is going through some changes at the moment and Incubator has not been a primary focus but it will be again soon.... and made to be a great experience! You could try contacting them to get a list of artists who have participated..... and emails so you could get feedback from those artists.

A few of the artists are here: http://www.edinburghimports.com/incubator/artists.html

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

Yeah, the incubator seems like a nice idea! I have contacted them to for more information. It's always intresting to try new ways, or... should I say LEARN about new ways!  bear_original

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Great info Daphne, I had no idea this type of service was available.  bear_thumb

Board footer