Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

duff Deedle Bears
Dallas

Lion-Standing.jpgLion-Face-Closeup.jpglion-avatar.jpgFelted-Lion-Round.jpgOh My, Winston has taken forever!    He was my first try at needle felting from Judi's class.    The body ended up not working with the size of the head and in the end I made a new body and  I think it made a difference.      He is 5 way jointed with a lock-line tail, hand painted Blue eyes and an Apoxie Nose varnished with "Baby Tears" for a wet look.     I just can't tell you how happy I am that he is finally done!    Now I can get back to my challenge bear.  bear_grin

Duff

Federbaerchen Federbaerchen
Munich - Germany

WOW - WOW - WOW  :clap: , congratulations to this wonderful lion! You have really done a great and perfect job! The face looks realistic, I am very much impressed! SUPER  bear_thumb

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Duff he is wonderful!!!! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  You have done a great job!!!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Oh you did a fantastic job on him. He is a real beauty, I love the shading you did also on your needle felt face did you use airbrushing?? and How big is he???

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Wow Wow Wow to echo Claudia's sentiment he is wonderful bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Very, very magnificent, Duff!  Absolutely outstanding!  What a fantastic creation!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I love that face.

duff Deedle Bears
Dallas

Thank you so much for all the kind words!  I spend hours looking at all the amazing bears here and I am appreciative of all your kind words. Someday I hope to venture in to selling a few of them, this may give me the boost I need.     I give away most of my bears as gifts but I must admit I just can't with Winston.   

He stands about 14 inches tall and all of his shading is done with oil paints.    I don't have an airbrush and don't make enough bears to be able to invest in one.    After reading many of the posts here on TT I decided to try oils plus I could not find a white pen.   I am very pleased with the outcome.    Working on the needle felting was a pain but worth the trials.   I felted an egg shape and played around with both pens and oil and the oil was much easier to use.   The only problem was the fibers, with each pass I had to trim down the fibers that came loose.     Paint - trim, paint- trim, paint - trim, it took 7-10 passes with a dry brush!

Again, thank you all, you've made my day!

Duff

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Absolutely wonderful lion and to think this is your first attempt. I am impressed and look forward to seeing many more of your creations. Good Work!!!!!
Hugs
Gail :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

PeachtreeCottage Peachtree Cottage
Georgia
Website

Terrific face...love the rest of him too!

/bearhugs,

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Wow he is absolutely stunning,  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Pauline

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

I can't believe this is your first attempt at felting.  Amazing job!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

GRRRRRRREAT Job Duff!!!!!! 
I remember while you were working on this project that he started looking like a lion ......and he came out perfect :clap:  :clap:  :clap:   Being able to change directions in the middle of a project is an absolute "plus" in the art world.  It leaves the door open for new and exciting possibilities.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Winston is WONDERFUL Duff. Your patience with the 'trim' paint trim paint has rewarded you. He is truely super. The new body sets him off brilliantly. WELL DONE! :clap:  :clap:  bear_thumb

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

Winston is AMAZING, Duff, well done  :clap:  :clap:

Board footer