Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Hi, all! I've just received an inquiry on my website regarding making custom bears from real fur (recycled coats etc.) I already have a lot of orders to fill right now and working with real fur is not really my cup of tea. I have done it and had great results.. but the getting there... well lets just say I have great respect for those of you who rise to the real fur challenge all the time!
I'd like to help this collector out so if anyone would like me to pass your name along for a referal, please let me know.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Is the collector looking specifically for one of your bears done in real fur?  Or are they hoping to have their own real fur turned into a bear?

Milford Ohio

Debbie, she have asked that I turn several of her own real furs into bears. She did say that she really liked the look of my bears... but I think that using these heirloom furs is what is the most important to her. Are you interested?? :pray:

See, there's the catch....and where it becomes a bit tricky.  She loves the look of your bears, and they are gorgeous and very distinctive.  I'm not sure if she'd be happy or not with another artists bears done in her furs.

LOL...although I gotta admit, I'm rather drooling over the ideas of playing with several furs.   bear_laugh   I'm like a kid in a candy shop when it comes to furs.  I'm pretty sure the Alaskan Fur Company in Kansas City would ban me if they only knew what I was thinking as I look through their shop  bear_whistle

Milford Ohio
DebbieD wrote:

LOL...although I gotta admit, I'm rather drooling over the ideas of playing with several furs.   bear_laugh   I'm like a kid in a candy shop when it comes to furs.  I'm pretty sure the Alaskan Fur Company in Kansas City would ban me if they only knew what I was thinking as I look through their shop  :whistle:

So can I give her your name and info?
Thanks for the complement :redface:
Your bears have a lovely and distinctive look of their own and as your expertise is real fur bears I'm sure you could make her a happy collector!

:crackup:   I cannnnnnot resist!!!   :crackup:   Yes, would you please pass along my info for her?  You can give her my website link  http://www.freewebs.com/debbiesbears/  and it has my email on the front/home page.  LOL, that way she can see if she likes the look of my bears, and if she'd like me to tackle them.   :hug:   

I absolutely adore your bears Tami, bear_wub  and can only hope to add one to my hug someday....sigh....like when I win the lotto.   :bday:

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

If she'd like to browse a few non-Tami options,   :crackup:  I should probably put in a plug for my mother, who does steady fur bear commission work.  Mailing out two this week and starting on the next project.  We have a descriptive page on our web site about our work with fur, it's under "Custom Heirloom Bears" at the bottom of the page.

Cheers,
Kelly

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I'm sure the collector will want to see samples of various artists work as well as get pricing. That has been my experience anyway. NO, NO... leave me out of it! I've been on your end Tami and have even posted similar requests in the past... and like you - been there, done that, not going back!
bear_tongue

Board footer