Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

bhbears Bearhaven Bears
Merrickville, Ontario

Yahoo!!! I never thought I was the type to join the blog world but I guess I don't know myself all that well, because I went and did just that :dance: . Of course I needed a kick in the pants to get me up and running.  Thanks Karen-Ciderantiques for twisting my arm I think this bloggy thing is going to be a lot of fun.  My link section is looking kinda naked so if anyone is up for a link swap please feel free to PM me, I think I can figure out all by myself how to add new ones, if not KAREN I need help.  bear_grin
Hope you can stop by to check out what I have so far Hugs Deborah
www.bearhavenbears.blogspot.com

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Beautiful blog!  I LOVE your background.  I wanted to leave a comment but couldn't figure out how.  Did you disable comments, or maybe are you still learning the ropes with the whole blogging thing?  It's totally overwhelming at first, that's for sure.

I'd love to swap links with you, Miss BearHaven.  My blog is:  www.potbellyarts.typepad.com

I'll add you right away to mine!

Welcome to the blogosphere!!!

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Lovely and it can be addictive.... very addictive.

Cheshire Cat Wilmslow Cheshire

Lovely blog and love the background ,I too wanted to leave a comment but couldnt ?
Maybe you could tell me how to put a background on mine ,although I have had a blog for a while I have done everything slowly ,trial and error as I am not very pc literate .
Would like to swap links mine is    www.louisepeers.blogspot.com   
hugs,
Louise x

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Deborah,
    I was going to ask to swap links, but I see you have mine and Karen's already.  I have your blog and website, so I guess we're all set.  I love your blog - did you figure out where your comment thing went? 

hugs,

Brenda

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Love the blog....great colour scheme....would loved to have made a comment!!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I visited too and thought your blog was really interesting and fun! bear_thumb   

I wanted to leave a comment to say hello, but couldn't find the facility.  Would be happy to swap links with you ...

http://allbear.blogspot.com/

Good luck with your blog Deborah! bear_flower

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Hiya. What a lovely read, well done. I love the look too. Did you change the background in the code? Thats the only way it looks like you can do it. My brains too fuzzy to try that at the moment. I'll add you link if I may. Please feel free to add mine if you want to.

http://pandypotter.blogspot.com/

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

Lovely blog.
I would love to swap links.
Mine is tinybear-dk.blogspot.com

Cheshire Cat wrote:

Lovely blog and love the background ,
Maybe you could tell me how to put a background on mine hugs,
Louise x

I have wondered exactly the same thing Louise
I would love to know how ????
:hug:

bhbears Bearhaven Bears
Merrickville, Ontario

Hey Guys thanks for stopping by to take a look I'm still learning the ropes so please be patient with me if it takes me awhile to figure out how to add all your links. bear_ermm   

Yup I changed my background myself, okay got help from Karen -Ciderantiques had to change codes and stuff very technical.  bear_wacko  I scanned one of my favorite scrapbook papers then had to make a code for it then change the code on the blog I'll see if I can get the how to steps. 

As for the comment thingy I think I messed things up when I changed the background because I have all the settings set for accepting comments, will have to go into the help section and see if I can fix that too, like I said I'm still learning. Still not sure what kind of things one posts but I think I'll get the hang of it and yes I can see it becoming very addictive.  Again thanks guys for taking the time out to visit my blog
Hugs Deborah

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Congrats on joining the blog wagon! I am blog addicted now..... it's probably good I've never done drugs because I sure get addicted to things easily! heeheee. I'd love to swap blog links with ya!
http://melbears.blogspot.com/

Hugs!!!
Melanie

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

Hi Deborah

Thanks for the link
You have put a link to my etsy shop instead of my blog  bear_grin
www.tinybear-dk.blogspot.com

ciderantiques Ciderantiques and Old Soul Bears
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Hey Deb! 

You are up and running   :clap:  and I left you a comment  . . .the comment button is now available for your second post. 

I love your color scheme.  Looks great !   I too will pass the credit over to my husband Steve for helping me figure out how to change the background/wallpaper.   I even wrote it all down so I wouldn't have to bug him next time LOL.    I'm off to help with dinner right now, but will post the technical details later this evening.   

~ Congrats on your new blog  :dance:   :hug:   Karen

ciderantiques Ciderantiques and Old Soul Bears
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Hi Tina, Hi Louise,

How do I change the wallpaper on my blog?

These instructions work for people that are currently using blogger.  Deb and I both started with the brown and beige template (same one Tina is currently using).  It has a brown floral background/wallpaper.  Louise . . . your first step is to change your template to the brown and beige option . . . as this template has the HTML codes we are tinkering with.   Go into Layout and use the "select different template" option.  Now we are all on the same page, so to speak.

Step 1:  Find the wallpaper you want to replace the brown floral, that is currently on this standard template.  You can do this by using google to search for FREE wallpaper/backgrounds.  Download the one you like (right click and save). . . . or scan some pretty paper to create a background.

Step 2: Upload your new wallpaper choice (.jpg image) to an online source (Deb and I used Auctiva.com).   ***The blog needs to access the image from an online source. 

Step 3 -  Copy your url name for your desired background.  . . .(you will need to "paste" it into the html codes).

Step 4 -  log into your blog.  Click the Customize link at the top, then click Layout, then click "edit html".

Step 5 -  You will see all of the html codes for the blog template you currently have.  This is the tricky part  . . . don't touch anything else!  You are looking for the codes called "Default settings"

It looks like this:

/* Defaults
----------------------------------------------- */
body {
margin:0;
padding:0;
font-size: small;
        text-align:center;
color:$textColor;
line-height:1.3em;
background:#8E9D69 url("http://img.XXXyour_new_wallpaperXX.jpg") repeat;
}

Step 6 - You are looking for the line that says background.  Delete the url that is shown in the brackets and replace it with the .jpg image you want  (the url details you just copied in step 3)

Step 7 - IMPORTANT ~ there is a Preview Button. Try it to see if it worked . . . before you press save.  If you like what you see, press save. 

It worked for me and for Deb  bear_original .   If you are a bit nervous about tinkering with your blog . . . you could always create a practise blog and try it out there first.  That way you won't be doing any harm if it doesn't work out.

Let me know how it goes  bear_thumb   ~ Karen

Cheshire Cat Wilmslow Cheshire

Hi Karen,
Thanks so much for taking the time  to write all that out .I shall have a go today ,will let you know ,
hugs,
Louise xx

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

Thanks a lot Karen
It worked absolutely perfect.

NewelleyBears Newelley.Bears
Harrow, Ontario

Hey Deb...

What a GORGEOUS Blog....I wish I could get mine to look that professional...I would love to swap blog links with you.

www.newelleybears.blogspot.com

Thanks
Jeremy

nandesign Posts: 361

Hi Deborah...you have a lovely blog. I know you will love it! The paper backgrounds make it look so much warmer and inviting.

Hugs,
Nancy bear_flower

bhbears Bearhaven Bears
Merrickville, Ontario

I'd just like to say a huge thank you to all of you wonderful TT'ers who allowed me to add you to my blog link list, and for those of you who took the time to stop by to take a peek THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!!.  I can already tell this is going to be so much fun and I'm going to be spending way to much time in blog land. bear_thumb Please if any one else would like to swap links just let me know the more links the better gives me more places to hop too!!!!

In the near future I plan on doing bear give aways from time to time so if your in the market for a new teddy to add to your hug you'll just have to keep popping by every once in a while bear_grin I knew the bear thing would lure you all in :crackup:
Again a Huge thank you for all your interest and wonderful comments
Hugs Deborah

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Deborah,
What a delightful blog!  You did a great job! I know I am having lots of fun with mine too. I have added you blog link to mine (and the links of everyone else on this string). I would appreciate it if you all add mine to yours! I will probably try the new background thing sometime after the Schaumburg show.
TTFN
Amy

Board footer