Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

corabelle72copy.jpgThis is Cora-Belle...she is a white bear that I promised to make so long ago that I can't even remember when...but anyway ...here she is. I did two shrugs in different colours..... we went with the blue.

magenta3.jpg

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

Oh my goodness Jenny....she is so beautiful  bear_wub ....I am lost for words....simply stunning!!!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Hugs Yvonne  bear_flower

warwickshire uk
Website

Thanks Yvonne..I am really pleased with her. I love the accessory too..it is simple but looks really effective. The sad part is that this is the last of this beautiful white fur that I got from the suppliers....they don't sell it any more...drat the swine!!

mjbears mjbears
northants

oh wow jenny they are just soooo lovely you always astound me with your work just fab  :clap:

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Cora-Belle is so pretty--and I prefer the blue, too.  bear_flower Bummer that her lovely fur is discontinued! Your creations make me want to go dive into my mohair boxes and start on a bear...I'm hoping to be able to do just that this summer when I take some vacation from work. bear_cool Can't wait to see what you create next! bear_original

~Debora

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH, oh I do dream one day to own such a beauty "whistful expression"

warwickshire uk
Website

Thanks ladies!!! The white fabric is not discontinued..they just don't have any in stock and I can't find another stockist. Prefurs do a similar one but it's so thick and long it makes it very hard work...I guess I'll have to shop there though...unless anyone has any ideas on who else might stock white synthetic, with guard hairs about 1.2" pile? :pray:

sandlalouer Luxembourg

bear_wub Lovely bear!!! So cute!!!!!! bear_wub  bear_wub
Beary hugs,
Sandrine bear_flower

Website
jenny wrote:

Thanks ladies!!! The white fabric is not discontinued..they just don't have any in stock and I can't find another stockist. Prefurs do a similar one but it's so thick and long it makes it very hard work...I guess I'll have to shop there though...unless anyone has any ideas on who else might stock white synthetic, with guard hairs about 1.2" pile? :pray:

Gosh, I have no idea who stocks synthetic fur like you are hoping to find. I have only shopped at Intercal and Edinburgh before, and I haven't used much synthetic, though I do have some beautiful, soft cat-like fur I'm hoping to use someday. I remember using a short white synthetic with guardhairs alooong time ago; the guardhairs gave such a neat effect. The bear was probably 9 inches tall, just a wee one, so you've gotten no help from me! bear_whistle

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Jenny stunning as usual  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Mikki Mikki, Cripple Creek Creative
Bethel, Ohio

Jenny,
A beautiful bear ...so elegant ...a true lady.
                                                          Mikki

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I am sure whoever you promised to is going to be thrilled.  As with all of your bears, she is exquisite
Joanne

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH, oh I do dream one day to own such a beauty "whistful expression"

Ditto, Jenny. These two are just amazingly beautiful.

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Jennie - she is just gorgeous, though I have to admit I have a weakness for white bears  bear_wub Your customer must be thrilled....and I agree with the blue choice too  bear_tongue   I think it accentuates the winsomeness of her features.

warwickshire uk
Website

Gosh thanks Ladies..glad you like her. Deborah I have tried and tried to find a great reliable source of quality synthetics. There are a few around but their stock seems to be hit and miss, and often knitted backs. Edinburgh don't carry nearly as much as they used to..I do get some Schulte from Germany but it's not nearly as nice as the really soft type that this bear is made from. Prefurs stock lots but there is nothing in between a 1" pile and a 1 5/8th " which is too long. I did even consider ordering a roll of it from TYBER ..about 16 metres but it's too much for me to hold in stock. Ah well...just keep on searching I guess!!!!

mjbears mjbears
northants

hi jenny i dont know if you have used this company but i did stumble across imstuffedfur.com  they are in pennslivania  i was going to make an order but you have to order a yard of each and the postage is heavy and the duty charges but worth it if there was a few artists requiring the same furs they look really nice and such a range the biggest range i have ever seen if any one has used them let us know  melissa x

warwickshire uk
Website

Melissa ,I have bought from them before..they are mostly knitteds which I can get here in the UK..I am pretty sure they will sell you a quarter...I have a few bits from them. I like to see samples first though and they weren't keen to send them out. That's no good to me, you can't buy blind...I would have paid for a set of samples.

Website
jenny wrote:

Gosh thanks Ladies..glad you like her. Deborah I have tried and tried to find a great reliable source of quality synthetics. There are a few around but their stock seems to be hit and miss, and often knitted backs. Edinburgh don't carry nearly as much as they used to..I do get some Schulte from Germany but it's not nearly as nice as the really soft type that this bear is made from. Prefurs stock lots but there is nothing in between a 1" pile and a 1 5/8th " which is too long. I did even consider ordering a roll of it from TYBER ..about 16 metres but it's too much for me to hold in stock. Ah well...just keep on searching I guess!!!!

Ah, yes. I really dislike knit backings. The first bear I designed and made back in 1996 was with a synthetic with a knit backing. If I wasn't careful, the pieces would streeeetch when I stuffed them! She was a small bear, and I stuffed softly, so that was a good thing. It was kind of neat fur (from the local fabric store that was going out of business) that seemed to be for making coats; it had a definite striped pattern in the way the fur was trimmed, and it was white with some dark brown splotches.

I hope you are able to find what you need. It seems such a waste to trim down to the length you want, bear_ermm  and yet, sometimes it must be done! Maybe the company can be coaxed into carrying it again... :pray:

warwickshire uk
Website

Trouble is if you trim it down you trimm all the nice featheriness away!!

Website

Ugh! That's right, the kind you like has guardhairs. bear_wacko

Board footer