Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

kraftyladies Beary Lovely ... Bears by Susan
Florida

Hi Ladies.  :lol:

We have until November 1st for anyone else to join, but wanted to go ahead and ask a few things before I had the names drawn.  We had 20 people but are now down to 19, so we will need one more to be even.  If you know anyone else that would possibly be interested, send them this way!  Or, if there is someone that would be interested in doing two swaps, let me know.

The other question I had was I think there were a couple of people that did not want to send internationally.  Whoever you were please send me an email or private message, so I know before the names get drawn. I looked in the messages, but it has gotten so long, that I seemed to have missed them.  :wacko:

Here is the list once more:
Dilu
Kim
Penny
Clare
Marie
Marion
Mandie
Shantell
Jenn
sabine
Ellen
Terrie
Matilda
Amanda
Heather
Donna A
Anne
Kathy
Susan

Bear hugs,   :hug:
Susan

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Is there any kind of deadline to have your bear completed...especially if we need to send internationally...which I'm completely okay with on my end.  Just thought that should be taken into consideration.

Thanks Susan for taking on this task...it's too overwhelming for me...but then I'm low on my coffee quota this day so everything is too overwhelming still.

Florida

Hi Shantell,

That's a good question, I was going to say we should leave it up to each partner to decide, but maybe we do need to set an end date.
How does everyone feel about everything being sent out no later than the last day of February? And then within that date every partner can choose when to send in case some of you want to do the Christmas time swap....

What do you think?

Susan

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I Am still impressed ladies    bear_wub bear_wub

Dilu

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

That sounds good to me, and I have no problem sending internationally.
Kathy

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Susan, mee to!  I don't have any problem to
sending internationally.  :lol:
If you need one more swap-person,
I don't mine to swap with 2persons.  :bday:
but in that case please make sure that
I wont swapping with my-self....  bear_wacko
                                                he he... 
Thank you !  :hug:
Marie

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Shantell !!!
I love your new avatar, it's so cute!!!
Your new bear is absolutely sweet heart !  :love:

Hugs/Marie

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I will glady ship international bear_original

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

End of Feb is great for me. I will gladly ship internationally.

Oh, I'm so excited about this. Thank you Susan for organizing it.  :thumbsup:

Good idea to start a new thread  :clap:

Sabine

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I don't mind posting internationally either - can i swap with someone somewhere exotic - and hand deliver????

oooooh Hawaii sounds nice - Bermuda - Seychelles ? :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

okay - i'll just put the bear in the post  bear_ermm

Penny

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

sounds good to me!!! i wanna go to australia and see the roos!

clare14 Country Bears
England

I'd love to go anywhere rather than dreary England at the moment, and our clocks go back on Sunday making the evenings darker even earlier.   I'm trying to decide if it did even get light today........

Do you have to change your clocks where you are, or is it just us??

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

We do on Sunday too...

Oh NOOOOOO not the old clocks going back thingy again already?????  bear_shocked

Clare - no it did'nt get light properly today so it's not your eyesight  bear_wacko I hate winter with a passion.

If i can swap a bear with someone in sunnier climes and accompany it for the next 5 months i will do all their housework and babysit the kids - so long as there is a beach nearby and at least 12 hours of sunshine a day so i can top up my tan naturally rather than slapping on tanning lotion that makes me look like a can of Tango!

hooo hooo - anyone in Hawaii wnat to swap - i really fancy doing the old Hawaii 5 O thing in a canoe with lots of hunky men  bear_tongue  bear_grin  bear_tongue  bear_grin

Penny - dusting off me grass skirt as we speak  bear_rolleyes

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Stop complaining in warm pleasant England. Come to Sweden to know what's dark and cold.  :twisted: I think all of Europe has daylight saving time in summer and will turn the clocks back on Sunday. I can't wait for that to happen, because I hate it when the mornings are dark. I liked it a lot better before, when they turned the clock at the end of September. Ah, well, soon it will be dark both mornings and evenings, in December 6 hours of light (or not if its cloudy). I'd swap with an English gal to get to go to a warmer climate  bear_tongue :doh:

Sabine - getting out the down coat  bear_grin bear_cry

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

bear_original I Don't mind shipping.  My bear would Love to see another country!! bear_wub bear_wub Jenn

Oh Sabine what a bummer!!!  bear_angry

But i must ask you something - are you a beautiful blonde Swedish gal ? Cos if you are then i think i could suffer the long dark days if were gorgeous  bear_tongue

Penny - short fat and plain old English girl  bear_cry

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh yes, the US does the daylight savings time and I despise it!!  I HATE to lose an hour in April, but love getting it back at the end of October!!  I wish the powers that be had just left things alone!!

Florida

I hate the daylight savings time too!  It gets dark too early now as it is, makes it hard to feed all my "kids" (animals) when I get home....

I will swap anywhere too  :D

Susan

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I hate it with a passion and am furious with US congress deciding to extend it by 2-4 months next year!   We have more suicides in the winter because of the lack of sunshine-

gotta get your full spectrum lights going......

Re: swaping-  I don't mind sending international, if it can be insurred.  I tried to send a little thing to Marian in France and the post mistress said there wasn't any way to insure it.  Is this True?

If it isn't I will take the  next international packages to the next town over and use their post office.

My only problem is that someone would have to want a golliwollikins-one of the bigger ones, not the little 3 inchers- the ones that stand up and shout LOOK AT ME!!!!

So if your not fond of gollies   bear_cry  let us know up front so we don't mis match anyone    :whistle:

:hug: bear_wub :hug:

Dilu

Florida

Dilu,

what do you mean about extend the daylight savings time?  clue me in, I never hear much of anything noteworthy, my nose is always stuck in books!

I would think there is some way to insure international, I will see if I can find out. That is crazy to not be able to!!

I didn't think about someone not liking Gollies, so yes, I guess I would need to know that too before getting the partners name drawn..... 

Susan

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

1/ international........YES

2/  last day of February.......YES

I will do as I'm told!!!.........Matilda :dance:

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Ditto to Matilda !  :teddybear:

1/ international........YES

2/ last day of February or christmas.....YES

3/ Big or small golly ..... YES

4/Big or small bear.........YES

5/ Real alive bear........ NO !  :cry:

6/bear with artist coming together..YES  :D

7/I will do as I'm told....YES.  :thumbsup:

Thanks Susan!!  :hug:
Marie

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
Dilu wrote:

I hate it with a passion and am furious with US congress deciding to extend it by 2-4 months next year! 

Dilu

WHAT??????????????????????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Ditto on what Daphne said...I hadn't heard that either?  AUGH. 

Dilu, I'd swap with you for a Golly...any size...big or small...I love them and WANT one!!!  I need someone to blame when I get in trouble anyway  bear_grin

Board footer