Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

It has been nice, flowers blooming, the trees blooming and then today................SNOW!  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko Gezzzzzzzzz I miss the Texas springtime

momanimallover Taber, Alberta

I know what you mean Tami! The snow has finally melted here, but we might still get snow/rain mix bear_sad

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

It's the same here, we got a huge dump last week.. this week it's rain and snow mixed.. but at least it's not staying on the ground!
Hugs!
Melanie

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Tami, I was so surprised when the snow became so heavy and started coating everything! Now it's melting from the roads and roofs and I see blue sky...ah, spring in Colorado! bear_cool

~Debora

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I'm afriad snow now would put me right over the edge!!! It was doing the mix thing here yesterday and was only 20 degrees last night. Glad I haven't put the winter clothes away just yet!

Sending warm sunny, flowery thoughts to Colorado and Oz! bear_flower  bear_flower

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Thanks for the flowery thoughts Daphne, going back home to texas next week for alittle vacation so I will warm up for sure  bear_tongue

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

To me it's warm, coming from Northwest CT. BUt Seattle, WA has had it's coldest and wetest Spring since 1993. We're really worried about fruit tree crops and planting dates. Weather is really goofy lately?!?
Karen

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

We've had the same concerns here in Missouri with the very cold/wet weather.  The farmers have delayed putting in their crops.  Here's hoping it warms up in May to get the planting done.   bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

TamiL wrote:

Thanks for the flowery thoughts Daphne, going back home to texas next week for alittle vacation so I will warm up for sure  bear_tongue

Yes, you will, Tami . . . it's been wonderful except for the weekly stormy weather.  It's sooooo green and the flowers are gorgeous!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Yep, we had wonderful  75 degree weather last week, but it's cold again - we even had frost the other night.  Nothing seems to have hurt the flowers though bear_thumb   My white and burgundy trilliums are already blooming - in Ottawa they didn't bloom until around the May 24th holiday weekend, so we are much earlier than the Ottawa area.

hugs,

Brenda

lulubears Posts: 280

I think no matter what part of Texas you end up in, it will definitely be warner than where you are.  Ha!  I'm in Austin, and we've been wearing shorts and t-shirts for a while now.  Two days ago, we had to mow the lawn, and spent a good part of the day in the yard yesterday working in the flower beds.  It's been in the high 80s here every day - with some days in the mid 90s.

I've already pulled up all of my poppy plants, as they have come and gone.  I did cut the tops off so that I could harvest the seeds.  The little buggers seem to spread like wildfire, but they sure are pretty, especially when you have 50 or 60 blooming in one spot like I do.  Gotta love those poppies!  Tomorrow, I'll plant my tomatoes, bell peppers, and squash.  Hubby will be planting new blooming plants for his butterfly garden.

It's great here!  What part of Texas are you visiting?  There are lots of TTers in Texas.

Luann

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi Luann,
I'm from Odessa Tx,  Roxanne lives there also!  bear_original

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton
lulubears wrote:

I've already pulled up all of my poppy plants, as they have come and gone.  I did cut the tops off so that I could harvest the seeds.  The little buggers seem to spread like wildfire, but they sure are pretty, especially when you have 50 or 60 blooming in one spot like I do.  Luann

I was all excited today because my poppies are finally poking through the ground! :redface:
Cheryl bear_thumb

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Can you send me a snowball Tami?  I really need a snow fix!!!  We got NONE this winter and I was really looking forward to a few good snowstorms!!!

P.S.  If there are people who don't like snow there are several houses for sale in my neighborhood.  We're right on the Potomac River so snow always seems to miss us!

JanetandBears Janet Ann Anderson and Bears
Breckenridge, CO
Website

May-1-2008-snow8.jpgIt was a Happy May Day  with snow in CO  yesterday.  Windy and still cold today.  No spring here.  Janet

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

AAAAACCCKKKKK!!  Sorry, Janet . . . but you look really good!!

Board footer