Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Pages:
ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

aa.jpgHi all.  After months of rejects, I have a trio of new bears to show you.  As I posted earlier, I had some trouble with air-brushing so I hand-painted the details here.  These bears are a new dessign for me - both the head and the body style have been reworked until I was finally satisfied with the outcome.  They are all loosely jointed with double-jointed necks.  The small orange fellow is completely wobble-jointed.  He is a very floppy fellow.  His color was inspired by the lovely bear posted recently by Kim Russell of Russell Bears.  Thanks for looking!

C.jpg

B.jpg

D.jpg

E.jpg

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, they are GORGEOUS, Connie! :clap:  :clap:
Love all of their colors. That orange guy is very eye catching! The head shape is great and you did a wonderful shading job. (Who needs a pesky airbrush? bear_tongue )
I just love them! Can't wait to see more in this style!

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

These guys are WONDERFUL. I just can't imagine that you had months of rejects. Everything you do is just beautiful. I love these guys and this new style. They are so endearing and sweet. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Connie, you did a brilliant work!
It really did worth the effort.

I am in love for the orange bear... bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
The other two are beautiful too.
I cannot wait to see the next!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

I love that pink fur , I just bought a piece of that myself and was wondering how it looked on a bear!! Nice job!!
I love that orange fellow, very bright!!

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

What a good looking trio of bears. Fantastic work!! I want the orange chap too.  bear_wub

Regards

Lisa

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

Wow Connie!!...they are all stunning  :clap:...wonderful colours...and such beautiful expressions!!  bear_wub Fabulous work!!!

Hugs Yvonne  bear_flower

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

You have done a brilliant job on all three - they are just superb.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Connie,
    They really are fabulous!  Well done girlie  :dance:  :clap:  :clap:

hugs,

Brenda

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Fantastic work, Connie . . . and orange just happens to be my favorite color!  Super look to this new design!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Positively wonderful!  Really, your bears are ALWAYS absolutely outstanding.  I find that so remarkable because on the one hand they're very traditional so one might think they'd sort of blend in with what's already been offered.  But they so... do... not.  They stand out and then some.

Just precious.

Send me one, won't you?

Sammybeardog Hobart Bears
Ferndale, Michigan

Just love your bears.....fabulous colors and design.

Karen

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Oh Connie they are all so beautiful, I can't imagine you being rejected bear_cry  I am sure these will find homes very quickly :hug:

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Connie, bear_flower

I think these bears are absolutely gorgeous!  Beautiful!

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

I just love 'old fashioned' bears and have had a go at making this style myself, with very mixed results haha! All three in the photo are just perfect - I especially love the largest bear, but really it's so hard to choose between them. If I had the funds, I'd give them all a home!  bear_wub

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Hi all,
Thank you so much for your kind comments.  It does my heart good to see that other artists like my bears.  I am really hard on myself and for some reason, I tend to dislike just about everything I make.  But I DO like these bears - the cream one in particular.  So thank you again for feeding my ego!

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

OOOO I am totally an orange lovin' girl but the cream coloured guy makes my heart go pitty pat bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Your work is truly spectacular!
Cheryl bear_flower

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Connie, I always love your creations, and these three bears are simply lovely!  bear_wub I love their style, their faces, their fur--fantastic! You mentioned months of rejects bear_noexpression ...you can send them to me. bear_wub I promise to take good care of them.

Bear hugs,
~Debora

kezjoy KezjoyKritterz
Gippsland Victoria

wow..they are fabulous!!! I love all 3..each has a certain something!!  congrats on a job well done!!
Kerrilyn

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

Connie the bears are stunning and im IN LOVE with all 3,,but let me also say the PICTURES are amazing!! great photography! ive been wanting to tweak one of my smaller patterns and make the same type of bear larger because i love that antique look..im inspired!  deb

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Your bears are brilliant Connie, all three of them, truly brilliant  bear_wub  bear_wub

Pauline

mjbears mjbears
northants

TRULY LOVELY LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM STUNNING :clap:

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Thank you everyone, for taking the time to post a comment about my bears.  It means so much!  I wanted to mention that the mohair for the pink and the cream bears are purchased from Intercal.  The cream is Quality 785H - Color 5825D-Cream/D.  The pink is Quality 910H - 5918D-Antique Pink/D.  It looks different if you brush it out.  I chose not to.  The orange is hand-dyed by me and I don't remember what I started out with - something short and sparse.  Thanks again!

Sammybeardog Hobart Bears
Ferndale, Michigan

Connie,
Thanks for the mohair info, can't wait to see the pink in person!  Hope Intercal still has some....

Karen

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website

Connie, I LOVE them!!!
Sometimes coloured eyes can look a little 'starey' and jump out at you, but the way you have shaded the faces makes them look natural - a wonderful job!!!! :clap:
Hugs,
Christine

Pages:

Board footer