Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

bearnecessities Beloved Bears
Harrow, Ontario

bear_rolleyes

As a new teddy bear maker I look with envy at all the photos of the beautiful bears that are being made.  Where can I learn more and more and more!!!  I love the needle felting noses and what a difference the sculpting makes but there are never classes offered anywhere near I live.  Can anyone offer some advise to a sponge wanting to absorb as much information as possible?

I'm from a little town near Windsor, Ontario Canada.  Love to hear from someone out there.  Thanks beary much!

Anne Hamill

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO

I am taking classes on line... go here...

http://www.kranbearys.com/EbearZ/index.htm

I love these classes..... so worth the money!

LoobieLou Berkshire

Sorry Anne, I can't help.  In the same vein, I'm in the UK, and if anyone knows of classes in this country I'd love to hear about them.  There's lots to learn, and having someone to teach me would be helpful.

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO

LoobieLou..... You could also take the classes at the site I listed. They are awesome, very understandable, and easy to take on line!

Kilde Posts: 186

I agree with Sheryl  bear_thumb Kranbearys classes are worth the money. You get lots of information - and access to a forum with a teacher and other students to help if you have any questions.

Good luck with it - and welcome to TT, Anne  bear_flower

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I'm presently taking the photography course at eBearz (Kranbearys) and find it very informative. I took the needlefelting course a couple of years ago and also really enjoyed it!

Go take a peek - you'll be surprised at all the courses offered.

Marion

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Hi Anne,  we actually just held a workshop in Burlington a couple of weeks ago.  We are in Waterloo, but that's still about three hours away.  I will keep you in mind when we are doing another class if you are interested.

big hugs

Shane

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Re: on line classes at Kranbearies;

the proprietor has taken many many classes on line herself, so she knows what works and what doesn't,  the classes at E-Bearz U are self propelled-you download your instructions and if you have questions you log on and write your question and the answers comes back to you usually the same day!  the pictures are integrated into the text and they are small enough that you don't have to fear eating up a couple of color cartridges!  Pretty important to me, how about you?

The site is so easy to use that if you read the instructions and download the pages with your user name and password you shouldn't have any troubles.

I personally think they have great teachers, but in the interest of full disclosure I am friends with some of the teachers.  You will find many people there that you chat with all the time here.

The cost:  its a reasonable cost, I have compared with many other class formats on the web.  The format is much better than the doll offerings on line right now. I have had a whole ream of paper and 2 cartridges eaten up the last timew I took a doll class-I probbaly didn't need to print everything but goodgolly, my brain is a sieve!

If you are serious you should look into it.  You will be learning from some of the biggest artists and best teachers in the industry.

dollygollyhugs

dilu

Oh, BTW  welcome Ann, glad you found us and look forward to learning more about you and seeing your p[ictures!

dilu

one other thing

the online classes are available world wide.....

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

I too highly recommend the online courses at EBearz University having taken at least 12 of them Always something to learn and the classes are very easy to follow with lots of help available. Your biggest problem will be in trying to decide which course to take first!!!!
Hugs
Gail :hug:  :hug:

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO

One thing I will add... which class to take is a hard one. I am taking 2 right now. If anyone does take the classes I would only take one at a time. I got overly excited and it is hard to juggle 2 classes and work. I work in a school so in 1 week I will be off for 2 moths and can give full attention to these classes... although a new class starts Saturday. So that puts me at 3....  bear_grin  I guess I am a little crazy for teddy bears.... bear_wub

LoobieLou Berkshire

EbearZ university certainly has a wide range of courses.  Has anyone done the Extreme Sculpting course?  I struggle with faces, so this course seems ideal.
bear_original

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

I could look this up but have too many windows open on the DEsktop now - who's teaching this class?

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I believe Nancy Tillberg teaches this class but not sure.

Marion

bearnecessities Beloved Bears
Harrow, Ontario

Thanks to you all for all the great advise.  I will certainly take one of the on-line course.  Retiring the 13th of June  :dance: so will have lots of time to devote to learning as much as I can.

Anne

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Well big congrats on your upcoming retirement Anne,  I hope you are able to find things to do to keep you busy  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: .

big hugs

Shane

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

I can recommend E-Bearz as well I am starting a class on Sunday (my third)  bear_grin  and have my fourth planned for just after number 3 finishes. My favourite so far was the felted faces class with Judi Paul. (I will do Judi's airbrushing course one day too).

Raewyn

Board footer