Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

jacky jacky
essex

hi can any one tell me how  bear_cry  bear_wacko  to felt a muzzle , i just do not know where to start :pray:  :pray: , i know im trying to run before i can walk. bear_wacko  bear_wacko but i love the look of the bears with felted muzzles. thanks and best wishes       Jacky

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

When I felt a muzzle I get a small piece of the fibre, feather it out a little, place it on the area of the muzzle and start stabbing.  I keep adding fibre until I am happy with the look.

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

The best way to learn would be to take the on-line course offered at eBearz University at North Country Teddy Bears. Many of us here have taken this course or others over the years and they are most helpful.
http://www.kranbearys.com/EbearZ/index.htm

Marion

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Jacky,  I do the same, I always card the wool first, this is my own preference,  I like it loose and fluffy.  I also cut it into smaller pieces, about two - three inches in length.  I pull it in different directions,  keeping it fluffy.  Then I lay it on the muzzle small amounts at a time, and needle it till it's hard, then I just keep adding more until it gets to the right shape  Hope this helps
Joanne

jacky jacky
essex

thanks i will go on the site and take a class  bear_whistle  bear_whistle as i love to learn .thanks again Jacky

Bear Hearts Bear Hearts
Las Vegas, Nevada

Jacky,

Felting into a mohair head is fun and really easy just take pieces of wool and poke them into a mohair form, and begin to shape it.  It was love at first try for me, and I'm sure you will love this too.   I'm starting my forth  one this week. 

Bobby

jacky jacky
essex

thanks bobby, i will give it a try,i hope i love it to.

Jacky bear_thumb

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

From the 'other' Bobbie - If you can stuff behind the sections that you wish to needle over on top, that will give the best bond, with the mohair backing sandwiched between the 2.

If the mohair as any nap or pile, I'd recommend removing it as much as possible: plucking/shaving it all off....

We also have a Topic Heading of Needle Felting, listed 2 below this one. If you post over there you may be more likely to catch the eyes of TTers who just check specific topics.

Bear Hearts Bear Hearts
Las Vegas, Nevada

Thanks Bobbie for the tip.  I had not thought of plucking the area I'm felting over so I will do that this time around on my current project. 

:hug:

Board footer