Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

finished-face.jpglofty.jpglofty-head.jpgOk since my previous post on this tips and techniques page when you all gave me good advice and support after I became psycotic with this bear, I finally gave him a new face and wanted to show him to you all.  I had to take a course with our Judi Paul on felted faces to give me the confidence to tackle him.  It isn't anything as elaborate as I did with Judi, but it gave me the confidence to tackle it. I thought the course was fantastic (I know some of you have tried the course too).  Thanks Judi x.

I still think he has a bit of a cocky look about him - maybe its his eyes/ears but I can't go on forever cutting him up.  I realise now he is who he is and I can't make him into what was in my head.

So what do you think?  I would have liked it to blend in with the rest of his face a bit but I am new to this and as I have the urge to felt faces for a while now I guess I will get better.  Ive posted a picture also of the head I did with Judi who is soon going to have a body but I had to finish Lofty first.

Thanks for all your advice in the last post

Warm wishes

Pauline

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Isn't it just fabulous how Needling with wool fiber can recover (pun intended!) ANYTHING??!!!

It's wonderful and looks as if he was always meant to end up like this.

hggzzz
B

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

He looks great...so does your little needle-felted face..can't wait to see him with his body attached...

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

He has turned out great Pauline as he was such a lovely coloured bear and his muzzle compliments the rest of him.I have been meaning to try needle felting and have an unopened kit since xmas and haven't found the time yet to try it out bear_sad
Laurie :hug:

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

nice job.....I enjoyed that course as well.

Marion

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

He looks great Pauline.  And you did a great job with your felted face bear. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I remember this guy! He looks wonderful bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  and no one could possibly tell that you took the scissors to him like a mad woman. :crackup: You've done a wonderful job on his snout and nose.

I took Judi's class, also, but have never finished the little guy. I wasn't too happy with my head...you've encouraged me to pull him out of the closet.

jacky jacky
essex

hi judi please can you tell me the kit i should get to do your felted course.  i just love the face that pauline  put on tt , i do not whant to wast money on wool that is the wrong  thanks jacky

PeachtreeCottage Peachtree Cottage
Georgia
Website

I think you've done a wonderful job with him :-)   :clap:

/bearhugs,

Jigpaws Jigpaws
Edinburgh, Scotland

I LOVED the original post you did featuring this poor little guy............you had me in stitches  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

You've redeemed yourself fantastically, he looks wonderful. You wouldn't know by looking at him the trauma he's suffered!!!!!  bear_grin  bear_grin

I love your felted face too, I'm going to book myself onto this course when I return from my holiday.........I bet it was really fun to do!!!!

Well done Pauline  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Hugs
Janice

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

I remember your first post it was funny  :crackup:  I have felt that way on a few occassions don't worry  :twisted: I have done Judi's course too and would recommend it to anybody.

You have done a great job and he looks terrific  :clap:  :clap:

Raewyn

Board footer