Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

I have a really cute pair of sneakers I intend to put on a bear. They are new but I would like them to look a little worn, kinda broken in. Any ideas??? If they were a little bigger I'd put them on the dogs feet and let her break them in. :crackup:

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

If they are cotton sneakers, I would wash them in hot water in the washing machine and either add a little little bit of black or tea dye or a piece of clothing that fades in the wash. I think something should look scruffy and tatty not be scruffy and tatty but that's JMHO!

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I have found that either coffee or tea work well to give a bit of a worn look.

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

I think I might use a little sandpaper on them also.  A little roughing up right where a little bear might show wear and tear.
Donna

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Tie them to the back of your car and drive down a dirt road. :crackup:
OK, that's a technique for distressing furniture.
Sneakers.... shake them around in a tub of dirt then rinse or throw 'em in the washer.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

I'd use grey acrylic paint (dry brushing) and rub it into the spots you want on the sneaker. I did that to one of my bears to make it look old. I think you could also use various stains too...Experiment on a cotton piece of fabric first to practice the right amount of product before smudging it on your sneakers.

Board footer