Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

lulubears Posts: 280

Hi everyone!  I finally got back home on Sunday from my trip to the East Coast and Daphne's show.  I left Austin, Texas on July 22nd and flew to New York and finally arrived back home on August 3rd.   I met up with a friend who lives in Manhattan and we spent a couple of days there before catching an Amtrak train to Wells, Maine.  We got there early Friday evening, but too late to go to the ice cream social. 

The show on Saturday was so nice!  Daphne has picked a really nice venue for the show, and there seemed to be people everywhere willing to help.  Absolutely no confusion about anything whatsoever.  Box lunches were available and that was very nice to have.  The competition tables were in the same room that the artists were and collectors seemed more than happy to participate by voting for their favorites.  Daphne was so welcoming, and it was great to finally be able to meet her.  Her mom and dad are just delightful, and I was pleased to bring home one of her dad's purses.  I carried that purse all over Maine, and back to New York and was asked by a lot of people where I got it.

The show was great for me, and I was really pleased with my sales.  I had a great time visiting with the collectors and hopefully some of them will be participating in Daphne's upcoming retreat.  When I told them what a great time we have at ours every year, they were all anxious to hear more about Daphne's.  I managed to sell all three of my pieces for the Habitat for Humanity booth, and was glad to hear that Daphne raised so much money for them.  I bought two pieces that were on the ornament tree, but it was really difficult to choose.  There were so many really nice pieces being offered.   There seemed to be a pretty good crowd through the show for most of the day, which was nice.  Lots of bears went out the door, and some collectors had several bags.

There was a great selection of bears at the show, as well as supplies.  It was nice to see such a well-rounded group at the show.

For anyone that has ever thought about going to do the Maine show - just do it!  We figured out the transportation situation pretty quickly with the help fromone of Daphne's helpers, and you really don't even have to rent a car.  There are trolleys that take you anywhere you want to go for $1.  You can buy a one-day pass for $3 and get on and off as many times as you want.  They stop at all of the hotels, and one even stopped at the post office for me.  Very nice local people, and the lobster rolls we had were delicious.

I'm really glad to be back, but did have a wonderful 2 weeks!

Luann

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

SO good to hear an artist come back from a show with good positive thought.
3 cheers to Daphne who I know goes that extra mile, that is what makes her the success she is.

Lynette

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Great report on Daphne's show, Luann.  I'd love to participate in it myself, but I don't work fast enough to book three shows in three months.  May - Albuquerque, June - Austin, July - Maine.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

There's October '09 Chicagoland, Sue Ann. (Says Daphne in a quiet little hushed voice from the corner of the room.)

Luann.... I'm so glad you made it home! It was fun to finally meet you and I'm glad you enjoyed the show!!! Thank you for the kind words! I'm blushing. :redface:  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

YES, definitely, that one I believe I can handle!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Board footer