Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

bearswithlovingcare Bears with loving care by Sheila xx
Lancashire, England

Hi everyone
I've been struggling to upload an avatar....couldn't reduce the size, but I finally managed it.
This bear is one that I designed in the year 2000, it was to enter a competition run by a firm called Compton and Woodhouse
in London. I won the competition, and part of the prize was to have the bear reproduced by Deans to an edition of 4,950.
The bear was then advertised in the Sunday supplements to Daily Mail, and Daily Express. I called the bear Father Time, and here he is!
I was sooo proud..............and I thought I'd share it with you. bear_whistle
The question is, how can I use this (belated) achievement to boost my street cred., and help sell my bears on Ebay?

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Congratulations a wonderful achievement. Have you done anything else in the last 8 years?
Wendy bear_thumb

bearswithlovingcare Bears with loving care by Sheila xx
Lancashire, England

Thanks Elaine/Wendy,
I have made a few half hearted attempts over the last few years, but I sort of lost the motivation.
Fortunately, I've just found  again, and I think I'm back on track.
I've been working full time for the last eight years or so (I'm a nurse working in a hospital),
so haven't got as much time as I would like, but hopefully will be back doing what makes me tick,
which is creating! I love the buzz that you get, when you surround yourself with all your bits and bats, and make a start on a new project.
I'll post some more soon, hopefully. bear_original

Board footer