Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

When your hubby asks if it's ok to hug you because he's afraid of getting stabbed with a needle.

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

My special sewing needle is slightly curved at the eye end from pushing the fur between the seam lines..

Strawberrie picture is coming, will have to move to the laptop..

Judi, I ate the strawberry.

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

....when your children dare not ask you ANYTHING while you are taking photos of your bears for auction because they fear the seething, snarling monster mom beast they'll face!

OR

...when people drive past you on your front porch doing a photo shoot with stuffed animals and you can practically see their necks break doing one of those 'what the HECK is she doing??' looks.

OzMatilda Posts: 209

Funny thread.... :crackup:  :crackup:

Husband beware living with a Crazy work aholic Bear Artist after 20 years of marriage! - eventually turns into a Nut House

**When your husband asks is it my turn to cook dinner again?...answer, yes, your turn is every night, unless you want vegemite on toast!...
**When your husband asks when are you coming to bed...answer: when you wake up to go to work, i need sleep you know!
**When your husband asks when are you going to finish painting the house: Answer, next year;

Husband decides and you start thinking!

**He builds you your own work studio/granny flat with kitchen/bathroom and spare rooms....You think: What, are you kicking me out of the house?
**When you only see each other passing the hallways in the AM of the wee morning: You think: What, don't you want to have a chat?
**When someone rings for you and their told, she lives in another house, ring back lunch time tomorrow!

Definatly somethings wrong when

**You didn't realise there is a brand new Laundry room built in the main house and it's been there for months;
**You don't wear a bra anymore, but walk around in PJ's all day long;
**Your told your toaster has been swung up and now resides in a tree;
**You forgot it's legal for women to put petrol in the car, so drive until it konks out;
**You forget to go to the hairdressers to have your hair coloured, so wear it up all the time instead;
**You forget what day and month your in;
**You go food shopping and have no idea what your doing or what is needed;
**You loose your way driving to your own mothers house;
**Your daughter just has a quick read of what your writing and tells you 'mum, you have no life'!

New Decisions to think about doing one day soon

**Read Men are from Mars, Woman are from Venus;
**Work normal hours and go to bed at reasonable times;
**Have a day off a week and remember your body needs to be fed food, fur fibres just bloat you up;
**Wear a bra so they don't sag another metre South;
**To remember that i turn the big 40, the last day of September and hide under my bed and cry...What happen to me?

:hug: Lisa

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

strawberry.JPGThis is a super thread...

Here is the strawberry bear head...I hope you all can see that it looks like a bears head and its just not my brain gone fuzzy...or furry..

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

When the favorite gift your husband has even given you was a ROOMBA robotic vacuum!   :dance:

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

1.jpg2.jpgditto on the hugs and curved needle. I still cook though, it is the only time to get my eyes to focus. Doesnt mean all the ingredients get into wherever they ment to be, but hey.  Saw these fruit this weekend at a resort (am in the Philippines) called mickey mouse plant or fox face.... guess what I saw :crackup:

but your strawberry is a stunner

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

When you are staring into a cup of tea and see bear heads or bears in the leaves. Ditto to most of the above

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

.... when at Christmas dinner you stand jealously guarding the tiny plastic bristle brush that's out of a cracker because it's just right
for brushing out mini bear fur ! (kids gerroff it  bear_wacko )

Mini Hugs , Ruth  bear_laugh

p.s Denise I love the strawberry teddy  bear_happy

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
OzMatilda wrote:

**Read Men are from Mars, Woman are from Venus;
**Work normal hours and go to bed at reasonable times;
**Have a day off a week and remember your body needs to be fed food, fur fibres just bloat you up;
**Wear a bra so they don't sag another metre South;
**To remember that i turn the big 40, the last day of September and hide under my bed and cry...What happen to me?

:hug: Lisa

You guys are so funny.   :crackup:  :crackup:   Lisa, yes, everyone should read that book along with Wayne Dyers The power of Intention. bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb   And don't worry about turning 40  I will be 44 in March and I don't feel like it at all.  I think teddy bears and other darling animal creations keep bear artists very young at heart and when you are feeling younger and happy it radiates and you look younger.   People often are surprised at my age and I say it is he bears that keep me young.  I beleive that with all my heart.

Denise, wow that really does look like a bear's head.  Now, will this inspire you tp creat e a bear in it's likeness.  Then you'll have a good story ......"...I was inspired by fruit..." bear_laugh  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Carolyn, what is that?   How funny!  Is it a tomato or pepper of some kind?  Neat.   I recently picked a tomato from our garden and it had a creepy appendage that really looked like a body part.  I thought about taking a photo and posting it here but...well...it was a bit too icky.  Yours is neat though. bear_thumb  bear_thumb

ps...my apologies for my many typos in my posts.  I am having trouble with my right eye again.  It's like looking through a glass of water. Central Serous Retinopathy.  Caused by a increase of cortisol.  I have had this before and ti will pass and I will be back to normal.

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

Judi, it appears it is a type of fruit, it is hard to pin stuff down here, (they eat corn with ice cream bear_wacko ) but the little sign said fox face/mickey mouse plant. I have tried Rambutan, Atis, jack fruit, mangosteen etc. NOT Durian..... And this one I havnt had either. I should think it tastes like star fruit, will let you know when I have. Just looked like a bear.... Has anyone else out there ever lived in asia????

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
patsylakebears wrote:

When you are staring into a cup of tea and see bear heads or bears in the leaves. Ditto to most of the above

Yep, Patsy, you are definitely a bear artist. bear_laugh  bear_laugh  :hug:

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

These are super!!!! So many I can relate to. I turned forty in March, Lisa. I believe what Judi says is true. The bears do keep you young! On the other hand I feel sort of like I'm now part of some special club--the Forty Something Club--ha ha!

Here's one... while there is no shortage of needle and thread in the house, hubby waits weeks to get a button sewn on his shirt!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Carolyn, I have not heard of most of the fruit you have just named.   I have had Star fruit.  But ice cream with corn???  That actually sounds pretty good.

Has anyone ever tried chocolate covered potato chips?  Yum!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

It is soooooo nice to know that I am not alone in the way I live.  We are scattered all over the globe yet we all share so many common threads. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh my gosh... now I'll be looking for bears in the produce section  :crackup:   Those REALLY look like bear heads!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I see bear faces in the swirls in the ceramic floor tiles and in the textured ceiling!!!
(Gosh, I can't believe I just "said that out loud"!!! :doh:  But clearly I'm in good company!)

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Kimberly,
I take pics on my front porch too!  :photo:  The neighbors think I'm a whack job.   bear_wacko   They are correct!  I'm expecting someone to drive right into the front yard one of these days with their rubber necking.  Especially when I'm out in the early morning trying to catch the lighting just right and I'm in my jammies.

Hugs,
Alison

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Aha !  You too Daphne!  The mind of  and eyes of a bear artist. bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

I see bear faces in baskets of unfolded laundry. They emerge from the shapes of the rumpled faric.  See, that is why I don't fold clothes right away.  It provides inspiration bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle ...well...that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!! bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle

Does anyone else have any fruit or vegetable bear head pictures?

Okay, now I really have to go do some work.  But I'm not folding my laundry........yet.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Alison, me too.  I am often in my jammies, rumpled hair and laying on the lawn to get down on a bears( or tigers) level....or standing under a tree with my camera.....people driving by slow down a little.

Here in Kewaunee County our newspaper has a weekly section called "Sanpshots" where residents email photos for publication.  There is everything from county fair pictures to Grandparents sitting on the front lawn, to school activities, natures pictures...you get the idea.  Anything going on really.
I have sent in photos that have been published of my daughter Rachel kissing her blue ribbon cow at the fair....to her winning scarecrow last year......and I sent in a bear in a tree that was published too.  So...maybe if anyone read it in our area will know what the heck I am doing out there on my lawn with my camera.
We live in a small town. 

Alright...didn't I say I had work to do.....after I have a cup of tea.  I'll be back to read more of these great posts....keep 'em coming!!!

Manuela Furry Critters
Website

When you run with  a lot of fur on your shirt,  in a drugstore to buy  a lot of cheap fake nails and eye lashes ( for your bears), and your own nails are short,frayed (I,m a nervous person) and your fingercups looks like scratch... and the seller look commiserate to you. You know she  had pity  with you .

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

:crackup: When the supplies keep arriving at the door from all over!  You can not hide them fast enough fromyour other half!  LOL

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

You know a bear artist lives in your house when...You look at other people's fur coats and think that would make a delicious looking bear....

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

When you go into a charity shop and find a great leather skirt, size 8, nice and cheap, which would make great paws.  Your generous figure takes it over to the counter and says, its not for me, its for my craft, and the shop assistant looks at you and thinks "yea, sure, you are never going to fit into this..."

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: OMG, this thread is so funny!!!!  I can relate to much of the previously mentioned, but especially.......

If you have perforated fingers and a favorite needle out of 100, raise your hand.

Always have the perforated fingers (and scratched fingernails on thumbs and index fingers) but my favorite needle is actually a certain type and brand needle that I simply must use and cannot use another....and then, horror of horrors,  I suddenly couldn't find my needles when our local Hancock Fabrics store closed a while back.......so I did the only thing possible, and found a place where I could order this needle in bulk......I'm supplied for years now!! :dance:  bear_grin

Board footer