Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

image010101010.jpgI just posted this photo on my Blog, but I also wanted to share it with you girls.  Hasn't the little monkey just got the most wonderful look of emotion on his face.  I think the bird is being incredibly patient with him as well.  Photos like this are such a joy in this crazy world of ours aren't they.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

There is a real lovely story behind this picture Christine...

They're an odd couple in every sense but a monkey and a pigeon have become inseparable at an animal sanctuary in China.

It's a tale straight out of Disney – an abandoned baby monkey, close to death, is revived by the love of a bird.

The 12-week-old macaque was rescued on Neilingding Island, in Goangdong Province, China, after being abandoned by his mother.

Taken to an animal hospital, he was weaned back to physical health but still showed little appetite for life.

It was not until a fellow patient, a white pigeon, took him under her wing and showed him love and affection that he perked up.

Now the two are inseparable, say staff.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful picture Christine, it makes me go all gooey!

Hugs, Jane.   bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

awwwwwwwwww  bear_wub  why can't humans be more like this?

Waaaaaaaa  bear_cry  just read your Jane, that is such a lovely story

Hugs Ali x

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Thank you so much Jane for letting us know the background to this wonderful picture.   Just shows, we all need love and a cuddle in life don't we?

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

That just proves how important love is in our lives.  I had a neighbor at one time who was such a bitter person.  I don't think he loved anyone or anything.  He died at a fairly early age, and the majority of the few people who attended his funeral were either family (who only went because they were obligated) or people who were there to support the family.  His life was such a sad thing that could have been so much more with just a bit of love.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Awwww!!!  That is just SO sweet!  And even more so with the story to go with it  bear_wub

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

It's a wonderful photo!  bear_wub  bear_wub

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  Such a terrific story!  I really love it when an unlikely pairing such as this occurs.

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Laurie :hug:

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

yes humans could learn alot. I used to have 2 rescue horses. both blind in 1 eye. the opposite eyes. they used to walk around together with their "good" eyes on the outside (if you know what I mean) and help each other. They went to a riding school when I left, inseperable. to live out their happy lives being petted by all the children.

Tine Tines Teddys
Regensburg
Website

bear_thumb  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

You know what I love the most about this picture and story? It is that a monkey (which is typically much stronger than they seem for their size) and the pigeon (one of which I used to have.. LOVED her and still think about her... a fragile bird) are embraced so gently and lovingly.  The monkey clearly finds comfort in this bird and s/he holds her so gently... bear_original bear_original

Board footer