Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

bearbottombears Bear Bottom Heirloom Bears
Nova Scotia Canada

So many TT'rs post their fantastic pages to eBay when selling all thier wonderful creations.  And I would like to know how to do it.  I have sold my antique bears on eBay for years, but I have never sold one of my own creations, and I think I might be ready to see how my work is received in eBayland. But I don't want just a generic listing.  I downloaded a free program that let me build a webpage.  It is so pretty.  I have all the photos and all the info on it for one of my bears, now I can't figure out how to turn it into an eBay listing without losing the templates etc. Am I doomed to start all over again??
I need all the help I can get since I will be a newbee on eBay.
Thanks for any input
Gail G

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Hi Gail.  When I list on Ebay, I use "Sellers Sourcebook" as they have some wonderful templates and it is really easy to use.  The only thing is you need to subscribe to them and it is a monthly fee.  As I generally listed on Ebay once or twice a week, I find it easy to use them.  You just upload you photos onto their site and build you auction on their site.  When you are ready to list on ebay, you just get the code from the auction you have built, and cut and paste it into the item discription box on the ebay listing page.  If you have your own template and don't want to use Sellers Sourcebook, I would imagine that you would paste your template into the description box on Ebay and insert your photos and information.  If you want to have a look at the one I use, go to www.sellerssourcebook.com  I know that www.activa.comdo a free listing service, and perhaps it is worth looking at them as well.  Sorry I can't be of more help.

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

hi there
I use www.activa.com very easy and free. Never had a problem.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Gail, if you've got your photos hosted somewhere on the web (photobucket, flickr, picturetrail, wherever) and appropriately referenced in your webpage (I forget the code for it but it's like "href" something or other), and your webpage is saved as html, I believe you can just insert the whole thing into the window you're provided when you begin to list your item on eBay.  There's an option available:  you can either let eBay "build" a sales listing for you, or you can insert your own html.  You just click a little tab to toggle between one option, and the other.  If you've got a webpage built and you've already got code, just copy and paste it!

I wrote my own code a while back, creating a custom template, and that's how I did it.  I keep my photos hosted on my website, although photobucket, picturetrail, flickr, all work just as well.

Nova Scotia Canada

Okay guys thanks.  I guess my problem is how to find/write the code for the page that I built on the website builder.  I'm afraid I'm also a little bit confused about where to find the code to cut and paste.  I think I will get Tammy W from Beckoning Bears to pop over and give me a hand. We had lunch last week and she DID offer.  She told me that  she's a bit of a computer whiz ... I may even feed her some more choclolate eclairs  :crackup:
Gail G

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Gail.
     I haven't listed on Ebay since they changed a lot of their rules, but I have a template of my own that I put all my pictures and description into and then list to Ebay, but I've only done it through www.auctiva.com.  It was really easy and almost exactly like posting on Ebay.  Once you have registered on Auctiva,  you click on "new listing".  Before you start filling it out, bring up your template or web page, click the "view" button on your tool bar at the top of the page, scroll down and click on "source".  It will bring up all the html for the page -  right click and save all of it.  When you are filling in your Auctiva page and come to the description box, you click "switch to html" box and then just right click and paste the html  you saved from the "source" into the box and it's all done.  You fill out the information just like you do on Ebay - it's VERY similar.  There is a preview button, so you can see how your auction page is going to look.  It also lets you see any mistakes so you can fix them before launching the page to Ebay.  Hope this isn't too confusing!  Good luck!

hugs,

Brenda

Nova Scotia Canada

Thanks for the info Brenda.  I did look at Auctiva.  But I stupidly worked most of the day building the page on another "free" webbuilder. Trouble is there is too much that I don't understand about html, uploading, reading code, and so on and so on.  I wasn't too inspired by what Auctiva had to offer I guess and that's what prompted me to "branch out".  Probably best to go with the tried and true.  Tammy from Beckoning Bears gave me a good shove in the right direction.  So, I am excited about trying out the site she suggested. ...right after I finish the Panda I'm working on...first things first bear_innocent I'm so nervous about listing my work on eBay.  I've heard so many horror stories. And I've seen perfectly lovely bears fetch 0 $$.  I did okay with my antique bears, but that's a different market. When I get the page uploaded I will post to this thread and you guys can critique my effort and have a giggle on me if I deserve it  :crackup:
Hugs
Gail G

Board footer