Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

bearbottombears Bear Bottom Heirloom Bears
Nova Scotia Canada

tt-panda.jpgGot this great box of 12 X12 pieces of mohair. Think they may have been sample swatches. Didn't quite know what to do with them.  I usually make 14" bears... But, thrifty me...I designed a couple of new patterns just for little bears... The panda is 9 inches and I had to use two different colours to get enough to make the bear... Antique Rose and Cinammon. or is it cinnamon.. never could spell that right.
I even tried out some new eyelids that I designed to go with those great eyes you get from Austrailia with the socket back that makes the eye sink nicely into the head....
I'm liking little bears...It's just the jointing that's a bit tricky...this one has bendy arms and wobble legs as well as being weighted.  I think I'll tuck him away for the Brightstar Show in Tampa in February.
Hugs
Gail G

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I saw this wee one in the Panda challenge segment. I love the open mouth. Your attention to detail is spot on Gail.
As for tricky joints. The more you do of this size the easier they get. bear_grin Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of your sample swatches? :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

He is wonderful.  I really like this design.

bearbottombears Bear Bottom Heirloom Bears
Nova Scotia Canada

Teddy Talk people are the greatest!  bear_wub Thanks for your great comments.  It makes me want to do more. I sure hope the jointing gets easier...my fingers seem to grow into fat little stumps with little bears. bear_thumb  ..thank gawd for my magnet.  Without it I would spend way too much time fishing out the nuts and washers from the bears belly. :crackup:
Gail G

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Gail he is a sweet heart bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub . Love the the colors and love the design.

teddydouglas Peterborough

I think he's fab - he's got such a characterful expression. Make more bears from scraps, I say  :clap:

Board footer