Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

bearbottombears Bear Bottom Heirloom Bears
Nova Scotia Canada

collage.jpgsmall-cover.jpgMy second love after teddy bears are my two Bengal Cats. I sent photos last summer while the "girls" were still kittens, to Bengals Illustrated.  Well, I just got the once-a-year "kittens" issue. You can imagine my surprise when I unwrapped it and there was my little cover girl!  It is a much coveted issue as it is the only ione of the four produced each year which is all in color.  Zahra, the more mischivous of the two (Kiya is the other one) loves to get into any flower arrangement in the house.  She had just leapt into the middle of my watering can flower arrangement, and I just happened to have my camera nearby. One of these years I'm going to figure out how to airbrush and do a Bengal cat.  They are covered with spots and stripes, so it would be a big job.
Couldn't resist sharing.
Hugs
Gail G
Okay, I did post these at the bottom of the thread, but figured you might miss them and since this is by request, I moved it up to the top bear_tongue  Hope they're not to small.
Hugs GG

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

What a wonderful surprise for you Gail, and deservedly so - it is a gorgeous photograph.  What a proud Mama you must be!!!!

puca bears puca bears

Oh Gail - what a fabulous photo! No wonder they used it for the mag. cover...............and what a pretty kitten! bear_wub  bear_wub
huggies
Maria

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Congratulations Gail, that's so wonderful. Zahra is really cute, it's a great photo and I'd love to see more pictures of your pretty Bengals...please could you add some more pictures? That magazine is definately a special one to keep, I'd frame a photocopy and hang it for everyone to see.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

What a fantastic picture!  You must be delighted!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Zahra is such a sweet kitty and I can see why she is a cover girl.
How proud you must be.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Gail,

Awwwww, I just had to log in when I saw your picture!!  How beautiful is that!!!  Congratulations and you must be totally thrilled.  Bengal cats are absolutely beautiful and your little one looks a gem.  Well done!  Purr-fect!
Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

I'm not surprised that your pic is gracing the front cover, it's a fantastic photograph!! She's a beautiful cat, I too would love to see some more shots of her.

Many, many congratulations!!

Regards

Lisa

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: isn't timing a curious thing? bear_thumb

Nova Scotia Canada

Thanks everyone.  You really don't want me to bring out the old photo album ... Just for your info... Bengals are bred from an Asian Leopard cat and a domestic tabby.  They favor their wild ancestor in looks and personality.  They will play in water as they were fishers in their native habitat in Asia.  They are extremely friendly.. Not afraid and greet everyone as long lost relatives...Ask Tammy and Linda.  They don't shed as they have pelts rather than cat hair.  They are virtually non allergenic. I can't be cooped up with a regular cat without sneezing and itchy eyes.  These don't bother me.  They walk like dogs and can jump over 6 feet. Anyway as you can see I am enamoured and could drone on and on.  I will try to compile a little photo montage for you oh so loyal TT'ers.  And as I said earlier I really think trying to make a realistic Bengal may end up as my lifelong project. :crackup:
luv to you all and stay tuned for the photo album...I'd do it now but the pix have to be put through the "reducing" mill or they will be too big.
hugs
Gail

Nova Scotia Canada

collage.jpgFor those of you  who asked, here is a little collage of Kiya and Zahra.  I hope the photos aren't too small to make sense.  since this is a teddy bear forum, I didn't want to take up too much space with LIVE kitty cats. bear_rolleyes  :crackup:  But it sure is easy to get all dopey about a pet.. bear_wub oh and the other thing about them that is very different from other felines... they don't meow, although they do have that in their repertoire.  They kind of chirp and squeak... and they do use their little voices a lot to communicate.
hugs
gail g

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Congratulations Gail!  gorgeous cats, love the history of their breeding, wow!

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Lovely photo Gail and what beautiful cats-they have lovely markings bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Laurie :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hi Gail.  Wow, what a beautiful and exquisite cat. How proud you must be to have her on the cover of a magazine. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Nova Scotia Canada

thanks Laura, Sarah and Judi. OMG Judi I wish I had your talent for felines.  How I long to make a Bengal. You certainly  can appreciate the challenge of all those stripes and spots.  I haven't airbrushed since art school...and if you look at my photo you can see that was a loooong time ago! :crackup:  Thanks for looking
Hugs Gail G

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Gorgeous cats!!!!

bear_thumb
Kathy

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wonderful pictures of Kiya and Zahra, they really are beautiful. I have never seen this breed of cat so I'm really interested. What beautiful markings they have. Thanks so much for updating with the pictures Gail.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Beautiful looking cats.

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Gail
I am really looking forward to seeing these cats in the fur in Florida!!!!
Hugs
The other Gail

Board footer