Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Yesterday, Californians voted YES! on Prop 2 -- securing the single most important piece of legislation for farm animals in U.S. history. Proposition 2 will mandate a higher standard for the treatment of animals raised for food, a measure that is sure to lead to similar reforms nationwide.

How animals are treated is so important to all of us -- and even more important to the animals suffering every day in factory farms. Together, we fought for the humane treatment of animals, and we won. We have changed the lives of so many animals, and we have made history.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Yay! I love it, now all we want is for the rest of the world to follow.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

That's fantastic news!
I hope it doesn't take too long for others to follow suit!!!!!

Woohoo :dance:

AndreaM bear_original

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I, too, am so glad that passed. It was disturbing to see a couple of vets promoting a no vote as too costly and to risky. I cannot imagine any vet NOT voting yes on this. Tami, like you, I think it's very important how we treat animals.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

It had my vote; I'm glad to hear it passed.  Haven't checked the Prop outcomes yet this morning.  Off to a good start with this news!!  Thanks, Tami.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yippee and hooray!!!  I'm on the Humane Society's email list and was getting updates from them periodically.  Thank you California!!!!

Densteds Densteds
Website

Tami, there are so many animals suffering in this world it sometimes makes me so sad, so it's good to hear that  animal lovers are at last being heard and action taken....it's great news!  :clap:  :clap:  now for the rest of the world to follow suit.

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I'm pleased for California that they passed that. Disappointed in their step backwards with Proposition 8 though.

Marion

Kingfisher Farm Teddies Kingfisher Farm Teddies and Folk Art
Illinois

Tami this is indeed historic. If you have seen the PETA undercover footage taken in an Iowa slaughterhouse
(which led to unprecedented charges of animal cruelty) you would be ill. I don't know how that  undercover guy didn't toss his cookies. Hogs were beaten repeatedly for no reason while they were trapped in chutes, paint sprayed up one sow's nose. Runts were killed by slamming them into the ground, and they were thrown into a pile, still alive. These people had to be cruel to fellow humans as well. It is a well known fact that serial killers start with animals, the neighbors pets are often their first victims. Stopping cruelty in the agri-business is a good first step. Thanks for posting this. I have been following it, and had it posted on my blog. Pam

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado
Kingfisher Farm Teddies wrote:

Tami this is indeed historic. If you have seen the PETA undercover footage taken in an Iowa slaughterhouse
(which led to unprecedented charges of animal cruelty) you would be ill. I don't know how that  undercover guy didn't toss his cookies. Hogs were beaten repeatedly for no reason while they were trapped in chutes, paint sprayed up one sow's nose. Runts were killed by slamming them into the ground, and they were thrown into a pile, still alive. These people had to be cruel to fellow humans as well. It is a well known fact that serial killers start with animals, the neighbors pets are often their first victims. Stopping cruelty in the agri-business is a good first step. Thanks for posting this. I have been following it, and had it posted on my blog. Pam

Hi Pam I know what you are talking about, I have seen some terrible things, I stopped eating meat a few years ago because of it. I love your blog, added your link. hugz
Tami

Board footer