Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I was thinking the last two days as I have been pulling out unfinished critters and critters I wasnt quite happy with yet couldnt figure why...because there didnt seem any reason ...ANYWAY I was thinking "what would SO & SO do if it was their bear?"
So I was wondering if we  sent unfinished critters to swap partners and we finished each others bears???
I'm not sure after this point how it would go. So if anyone has any additional ideas or just plan out shoot it down.
I Would love the discussion....................

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I was just wondering today how you all could help me 'fix' the misfit bears I have that won't sell. But I need to fix them NOW as I have a show in a few weeks that I need to take them to - can't afford the time to send them off to someone.

What if we posted photos and asked everyone for their suggestions? With the rule that they CAN'T say:
"Oh, he's adorable!"
"I can't imagine why no one would want him."
"I wouldn't do a thing to him!"

The rule would have to be that they can only post if they have a suggestion on how to change him!

Or, if you wanted to send them off to someone else to finish then perhaps start up a "Misfit Swap"? You'd swap unfinished or 'not quite right' bears with someone, finish eacho ther's bears then send them back. If you want to be able to sell the completed bear you'd have to work that out with your partner... is it ok to sell, do they get a %, etc.

Just thoughts....

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

360-mink-blk-bear-02.jpg"Mis Fit Swap" sounds great to me!  Let us know when the "rules" come out?? bear_thumb
       I would love to see what a mini artist could do with this large,half sewn, upholstery velvet bear...or a fur artist with my half sewn (looks adorable so far...awesome design ) bunny...who are sitting by waiting for me to decide if it's worthwhile!  Or the beautiful black curly kid mohair bear that I can't get myself to cut out....because I mess it up..it's black! bear_wacko  I have trouble with black! Hmmmm.....Let me know?

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Sounds like an interesting concept. I don't have any unfinished, but I do have several that haven't sold and I don't really know why.

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Wendy, you must be on some sort of affiliated wavelength with me. The other nite in bed I was thinking of something quite similar! My sister is a cloth doll artist and she often participates in a sort of progressive doll project. You know where one starts and it gets posted to different people for additional work. I don't know how many "steps" are involved but I was wondering if we could do something similar with bears. It could be very interesting. I was just too nervous to say anything in case you all thought I'd gone mad! bear_wacko  bear_wacko  So Thanks Wendy :hug:

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

GREAT idea!
Both, the swap Matilda AND the photo idea Daphne!
It must be something in the air because I just a few minutes ago finished a bear and said to my mom "I like him but I wonder what I could do to him to take him to the next level?  I want to know more, I just don't know HOW to know more"  I don't know if that makes any sense at all but I think you kind of get the idea.
I would love to post a pic and get advice!  Then I could post the before and the after!  That would be neat!

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Wendy, might I ask what happens to the bears after someone else fixes them?

Are you going to sell them as your own? Or is the person that fixes the the bear going to keep it?

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

Can I make a suggestion - if you do a progressive finish swap thing that all the finished critters be placed on Bid 4 bears, Bear Patch, or another simialr site and sold and the funds be donated somewhere agreed upon between the collabrotive artists, perproject.....perhaps after the artists who spent the money on the fur has received something back for the materials.

Would that seem fair to everyone involved?

puca bears puca bears

Sounds like good fun ..............and I have to echo Ellen's comment, Wendy - what happened to the computer-free week??????? Does this mean you are NOT working  - tch tch!
huggies
Maria

WA

1st!!!...... I had to come online but have limited the time severely. So will be off again until early tomorrow morning.
My email couldnt cope with the influx..honest! bear_grin

2nd......I had to post this idea now or I would have talked myself out of it or just plain forgotten it bear_grin  bear_grin
NOW...to answer questions.........
DAPHNE....what a great idea. We can do the photo thing now. You start it and I will pop on a couple of photos to join you.
LINDA.... the progressive swap is such a brilliant idea. And if not mistaken NEW for the teddy world. My sister does this with quilts.
SANDI and SANDRA.....I was thinking on the same lines and am glad my thoughts are your thoughts........I thought that we could sell them and give the proceeds to a charity or maybe two charities. One for the North Hem and one for the South Hem. ??????  or just one charity?  It will take some organising so this would definitely be for next year.
LINDA..... you will have to do some talking  with your sister.   .....I think we will need to know How many are out there?, where they go next,? and a time frame with each artist. PLUS a deadline for the Auctions.
Ok ..sorry my times up gotta go folks bear_grin
Keep the discussion going!!!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

haha, Wendy, you're a scream, I think you've been more active online since you're having your week off LOL  Like a diet hey, it begins and ends on Monday hahaha bear_happy
Great idea though, I'm not sure I have anything to work with tho...I have a box of heads and parts...somewhere...lol  But I use them mainly to practice on...Most bears I'll keep working on till they make it bear_original  the couple of dud bears that had no hope went to the kids...and one was named Dudley too hehe  I will try tho  bear_tongue

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Yep definitely do it for charity, then there can be no hassles about "rights" and all. I'd suggest a wildlife rescue, Orangs, Bears whatever......(even our own Tassie Devils are in trouble!) bear_cry  bear_cry I'm all excited now! And I thought you'd all think I was MAD! I'll see if I can pin my Sis down for a chat at the weekend, she's so busy, it can be hard to get hold of her at times. Oooooh this could be FUN bear_original  bear_original

WA

http://www.zoo.nsw.gov.au/tcsa/the-taro … ation.aspx
I have been raising a Devil named Possum.
Looking forward to hearing the gos from your sister Linda. bear_thumb

Board footer