Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

It's only 8 weeks since I had my 'breakdown' ( for want of a better word). I have popped by from time to time but never stay long. I just want to to say thanks to all who have sent me emails, cards, kind thoughts and help.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: I have appreciated every one of then but sometimes can't face the computer. My dose is up from 10mg daily to 40mg daily. Still feel vile...sick, vertigo, wobbly legs..panicky...can't eat ..can't sleep.
I made a new bear though ,who is  posted in the showcase...so I CAN do something

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Jenny,
It's so nice to see you here.  I've been out of the loop too so didn't even realize you weren't well.  I hope they work out your medication and you start feeling better soon.  Your new bear is lovely as usual.

Biggest hugs to you...

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Jenny
I speak for many ..We love you and hope, pray, you start feeling better soon.  It can be so hard, I truly know.
Do take care.  You are in our thoughts and hearts.  :hug:

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

Welcome back, Jenny, glad you are feeling better.   :clap:

warwickshire uk
Website

Thanks so much all...  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: .I do think teddy bear making can be therapeutic as it focusses the mind away from anxiety and negativity. I am so grateful it does too...otherwise who knows where I'd be!!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Jenny,
     Glad to see you posting and it will take some time before you will be your old self again, I'm sure.  You know the old saying, one foot at a time.  I'm glad you enjoy your bearmaking and I hope it helps you to slowly get back to your old self.  Take care.

hugs,

Brenda

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Jenny, so nice to see you posting. Sorry that you are still not 100% but if you have managed to make a bear then that's fantastic. You're right Jenny teddy bear making can be therapeutic, I have found this many times with my medical condition, keep at it my friend and soon you will feel so much better. Enjoy Christmas and look forwards to a happy new year. Get well soon!

Hugs, Jane.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi Jenny.   bear_flower  :hug:  bear_flower  :hug:  bear_flower

That's all.  You're in my thoughts. bear_original

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Hi Jenny just take each as it comes and do what you can and when you can... good to see your post  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

It is a hard battle Jenny, but you will get there.  Small steps and you will see a gradual improvement I am sure.  Anything that takes you mind off things is great comfort.  Your new bear is a treat.  Take care of yourself and I know you will gradually get back to being very strong again.   :hug:  :hug:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Sending you lots of hugs Jenny!!!!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

Hi Jenny...so lovely to see you posting here again!  bear_flower  bear_flower  It's a bit of a journey with depression/anxiety...and does seem to flutuate for a while..but you will get there! Glad to hear the bear making is helping...its all about distraction and getting absorbed in something you love. It's helped me so much... to get through some really tough times! So keep at it...and stay positive..lots of love to you!! bear_wub (the new polar bear is totally adorable by the way!)

Take care...

Hugs Yvonne  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Dear Jenny I didn't realise you'd been struggling so much as I've been out of TT a lot, looking after my sister and new baby.....I do hope you're feeling on the better side of things now.....especially as you have now made a gorgeous new bear  bear_wub ....thinking of you  bear_flower
Big hugs Lynne  :hug:

ladyjujuann Pearl Button Bears
Bournemouth

Lovely to see your post and lovely to see your new bear! Wishing and hoping your feeling better soon... keep on and you will see the light at the end of the tunnel I'm sure!
xxx Hugs xxx :hug:  :hug:
Julie

elle Ellifolks
Eastern Ma.
Website

Jenny,  I'm so glad you are feeling better in some ways, at least.  Are some of the symptoms you are having medicine side effects?  If so, can they try another medication -- sometimes one in the same class will work better for a person than another.  I'm glad you are making bears again, and your new bear is beautiful.

Lots of hugs,

Ellen

warwickshire uk
Website

Hi Ellen...(both of you!!) and everyone who has taken time to post! I do think the side effects are part of the problem..I am having dreadful nausea..if I didn't know it's a physical impossibilty I would think I was pregnant..the sickness is vile..along with light-headedness...aches and pains...gastric problems and panic attacks. I do try and I have methods of diverting myself from it but sometimes they themselves are exhausting...you just want to forget about it...yet you can't.
I don't update my blog much because i can't face the computer lately...this is the most I have typed in weeks.
I have three bears waiting for faces so must get on...at least I have the bears.

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

It sounds as if you are having a rough time on these drugs Jenny.If they are really necessary surely there must be a different medication that you can try that doesn't give you so many horrible side effects.Maybe these drugs aren't for you if your body dislikes them so much.I hope you feel much better soon as it sounds so awful how you feel bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower
Laurie :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Awww, Jenny, I didn't realise you were so ill bear_sad  sending you massive hugs!!!!  Is there any chance of trying another med?? Sometimes just a slight change can help, with some you react with worse side effects than others and its a very individual...just a thought, you've probably already thought of but I hate to hear you so ill bear_sad   :hug:  :hug:

bearsbyTracey BearsbyTracey
Wellington, New Zealand

Oh Jenny I didn't realise you have been so sick. with all the xmas rush, I have been popping in and out of tt. I hope you are feeling better soon.
Big hugs from downunder in New Zealand

Tracey :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Jenny, I agree with Sarah and Laurie . . . a different anti-depressant might work better for you.  After being on Paxil many years, it lost its effectiveness for me.  My doc gave me Wellbutrin in its place and I reacted VERY badly to it with almost disastrous results.  I'm now on Effexor which is working very well.  I hope so much that you can get relief soon from this horrid monster called depression.  Like the TV advertisement says, "Depression Hurts".

Board footer