Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

JanetandBears Janet Ann Anderson and Bears
Breckenridge, CO
Website

I have been studing and preparing for months for my first ever listing and still I made a big goof.  I could not find my listing and after a few days discovered it on a page with dolls and also on a page with minatures... only bear there.
    I contacted ebay (live help) and asked if it could be put in another category as I don't think it will be see there.  They said since there was one bid it could not be changed.  Also, right now they are having category issues. 
    So.... do I just wait out the days remaining and then list again...... hopefully in the right category?    It was very confusing ... choosing a category and I thought I did it correctly but aparently not.   
     One needs to  live and learn I guess. 
    My listing # is 5636323143 
   Janet

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

eBay is so confusing at first.  But one thing they are very clear on is that once you have a bid, you can't delete or change much of your listing.  However, you can usually add things... and I think adding categories is one of them.  Not CHANGING categories... but adding them.

I'm not that adept at doing eBay research, actually, because I found what works and have just stuck with it (if you click a little box as you set up your listing it "remembers" your settings for next time, for your seller ID.)

Let me see if I can figure this one out for you.  In the meantime, anyone who might know better, please add what you can.

Janet, did you put a reserve on your ted?

Breckenridge, CO
Website

Yes, I did put a reserve on Hans...

Thanks,Shelli     I really appreciated any help you could give me

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Janet, here's what I found on one of the discussion boards.

QUESTION:
Hi - I have already posted my auction but would like to add a 2nd category. When I try to revise, it only allows me to change the original category. Is there any way to add a 2nd category once the auction has been listed? Thanks very much.

ANSWER:
You can add a category UNLESS you have bids or there is less than 12 hrs till the end. This should help:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/edit_listing.html

However, all is not lost...

The ANSWER person says you CAN'T add a category... but the link that person provides (give it a read!) clearly states that even WITH bids, one of the only things you CAN do, is add a second category.

Therefore, my advice to you, Janet, would be to go to your listing and REVISE LISTING.  Then, see if it offers you the option to ADD CATEGORY.  I believe it should, as I thought I had seen this when revising my own listings in the past.

Good luck!

Breckenridge, CO
Website

Thanks Shelli.....   I think all is lost    as I already have two categories listed....   

For the future.... what exactly is the category I should be listing in?   It was very confusing.   But I managed to set up a listing in the first place so I will keep plouging along. 
Janet

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Here is where you want to list

Listed in category: Dolls & Bears > Bears > Artist > Artist, One of a Kind

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Yup, that's the one.  Thanks, Kim!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Sure thing!  I just happened to have ebay up on my screen and just cut and pasted :)

Hope next time things go smoother, janet... when you list one correctly the first time, those after will go quicker becuase you can choose the "list similar" option  so all you need to update is your title, pics and description (and if the bear is bigger, change your weight of package)

Board footer