Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Laurie Brady Bears By Laurie Brady

One last post for me here today.  Finally, I'm looking for some alpaca that I bought about 2 years ago.
It's white, with a 9/16" nap that lays perfectly flat and has guard hairs.  Wondering if anyone has some they'ed be willing to part with. :pray:

-Laurie

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Hi Laurie,
So far all I have found in the white is small pieces.  I will keep looking.  I have used the brown to make my burro.  That fabric is so realistic looking.  I have used the white for mice and rats.
Donna

Thanks Donna.  I've found a some what comparable fabric in light sand colour - but it's wool and not near as soft as the alpaca.  So I'll keep waiting for the time being.
-Laurie

Goldelocs Bears Goldelocs Bears
Brisbane

Hi, Not quite sure if this is what you are after, but may be suitable

http://www.gerrys.com.au/product.php?pr … 220&page=1

Ann-Marie

Hi Anne Marie,
Thank you for pointing out this source - I've not heard of them before and the alpaca does look like what I'm looking for.  I'll send for samples when they re-open.
Thanks again.
-Laurie

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

that look lovely, esp thinking of mice and rats ....

Oh, yes!  It would make stunning rabbits and rodents.  I had originally purchased it for an 8" horse that turned out quite well.  It was available in a sandy brown and white - It's soooo fabulous, I want more! bear_wub

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Hi Laurie,
Do you happen to have a picture of the critter you made using this fabric?  Or some of the fabric left that you can take a picture for me?  I have someone that might be interested but would like to see a picture first.
Donna

Board footer