Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Farm50501.jpgGizmo50501.jpgGroup50501.jpgDusty50501.jpgWell we are back home after our time babysitting the Alpacas at my Brothers Farm.  What a wonderful time we had, and what absolutely beautiful animals these Alpacas were.  I had not experienced them before, and I was amazed at how gentle they were and how keen they were to walk around with us and have our company.  They all seemed to have quite different personalities.  My favourite was a Black, Grey and White fellow called Gizmo, and we became quite attached and good friends.  He was just the most inquisitive fellow and needed to know everything that was going on.  I had heard that they may spit, but thankfully I didn't experience that.  I did see they spit occasionally at each other, but that was at feed time if they started to get a little protective of their food.  If you get the chance to spend some time with these wonderful creatures, please do, they totally captivated me, and it was so hard to say goodbye.  I think we shall be offering to babysit again soon!! 
Luckily the pregnant ladies didn't go into labour whilst we were there, as I think I would have been in a total panic.  The area of the farm, which is near Port Lincoln in South Australia is in drought at the moment, and everything is incredibly dry.  There was a bushfire about 50kms away while we were there, and that had us in a bit of a panic.  One snake visited as well, but he was shooed away pretty quick.  Country life is very alluring I must admit, but then my daughter was desperate to get home to have a McDonalds!!  Funny the things you miss!!

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Adorable arn't they....are you going to create one soon, Christine?

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Hi Denise,  Yes, I did make an Alpaca as a gift for my sister in law to take over with us.  I had never made one before, but thankfully she loved it.  Here is a little picture of it.

Alpaca50501.jpgAlpaca50502.jpg

puca bears puca bears

Oh Christine - aren't they just gorgeous? bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
I saw some alpaca late last year in the zoo at Duisburg and just fell in love with those HUGE eyes with impossibly long lashes...........would love an opportunity to actually get to know some. And aren't they the most beautiful , soft colours?
Love the little one you made...........
huggies
Maria

Jigpaws Jigpaws
Edinburgh, Scotland

Ahhhhh......aren't they absolutely adorable  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

I just LOVE your piccies Christine....the alpacas and the scenery look wonderful  bear_flower

Hugs
Janice

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, Christine..... how beautiful they are!!!! I've observed a few alpacas at the wool and farm fair we have here every year but I think to be with them in their own environment and just hanging out with them would be so amazing!!! They do seem to have a ton of personality!

And the alpaca you made...... absolutely perfect!! Fantastic job!

That was an experience you won't soon forget! Thank you for sharing it with us!  :hug:  :hug:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Great photos, Christine. Babysitting sounded like so much fun. I took a particular liking to the black/white/gray guy, too, as I went through the photos, but they were all very cute.

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub Christine, what a lovely chance to get to babysit those wonderful animals.  I love the one you made also, so perfect.  The scenery was great to see, thanx for sharing that little bit of heaven with us all.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Super wonderful photos, Christine . . . and beautiful animals!  I would have loved that adventure, too.  My only "up close and personal" experience with alpacas comes once a year when our State Fair of Texas rolls around in the fall.  They have a petting zoo with many different animal specimens (adult and baby) - camels, llamas, and alpacas being only a few of them.  I have been on a llama farm, however, and do love their sweetness and enjoy that fantastic fur.  Thanks so much for sharing your time with us.  And your alpaca creation is stunning . . . no wonder your SIL adores it!

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Cool, they are so cute!! Sounds like you did have a wonderful time. Maybe you can baby sit again soon! Wait till they have babies, that would be a fun time to visit!

Us Bears Pennsylvania

The Bear in my avatar is made from Alpaca.

He is very soft.  It feels almost like touching a cloud.
That's why his name is Cirrus.  :D

Are you a knitter?
It looks like those alpaca have been shorn for their wool.
They should have given you some wool to take home and spin for yarn.

Homespun alpaca can be very nice!   bear_cool

Mikki Mikki, Cripple Creek Creative
Bethel, Ohio

What a wonderful experience...The good Lord didn't know how to create an alpaca that isn't cute. Being with them is a wonderful experience. Just got back from a walk to the back pasture w/my dogs to visit the lamas....wonderful.Mikki

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Christine, thank you for posting your wonderful photos. What beautiful animals they are, how lucky were you to be able to get to know them all. I have heard how friendly Alpacas can be. I'd be like you and ready to baby sit any time.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Christine, bear_flower

Awwwww,  you lucky lucky lucky girl!!!!!!  What gorgeous pictures too!!  I can imagine how much fun you had while looking after them, they look totally beautiful.  I am jealous!  He! 

Take care.

Hugs

Marilyn  bear_flower

Board footer