Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

bearbottombears Bear Bottom Heirloom Bears
Nova Scotia Canada

It has been such a busy winter I haven't had nearly enough for Teddy Talk.  I just spent an hour catching up on all the threads... I re read a couple of mine and thought I'd do a little follow up to my last entry ....which talked about the teddy bear show I was going to in November..(has that much time really gone by?? :crackup:
I just got back to doing teddy bear shows this winter.. The Christmas show at Hunt Valley (Baltimore) in November was a great show, but not too successful for me.  I guess as a newbie I'll have to earn my way into the hearts of the local collectors.  I gave out lots and lots of business cards and got lots of positive feedback so I have high hopes for next November. 
On the other hand, I had a great show at the Brightstar teddy bear show in Tampa this past February 22.  It wasn't a big show but it sure did attract an enthusiastic crowd of collectors.  I used to do the "Bearly Spring" show in Tampa, but it folded a few years ago and that's the last show I did here until Brightstar this year.   
It is so good to know that in these difficult times that a bear artists can still have a resonable show . I must thank all the really loyal collectors who remembered me from 5 years ago...and I must especially thank Valerie for putting on such a great show.  This was the first Brightstar show for me, and it won't be the last... It was nice to see faces to go with the names of a couple of Teddy Talkers.
We're going to go to Schaumburg in April which is only a few thousand miles out of our way on the way home from Sarasota to Nova Scotia.
I can only hope that I have some success there.  This business can be unnerving at times.
I have had reasonable luck on eBay, but I find it even more unnerving than shows.  And there are sooo many issues with eBay lately I find myself looking for an easier way out.
It sure is good to read all the blogs...and I sure will try to make more time...
Hugs
Gail

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Thanks for the show update.  It's good to hear that collectors are still coming out to the shows.  I hope to do a couple of shows this year but have been waffling on which ones.  I am definitely going to go to Schaumburg in October.  Perhaps I can squeeze in a summer show too. 

So, you're looking for an easier way out???  Let us all know when you find it.  bear_grin  Ours is a business of luxury, and we all have to work on it to keep things going during a recession. 

Hugs,
Alison

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hi Gail! I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying bear shows again!!! There is certainly something special about being with fellow artists and meeting collectors face to face!!! I'm thrilled that you and your bears have decided to do the Maine Teddy Bear Show in July also!!!
:hug:

bearbottombears Bear Bottom Heirloom Bears
Nova Scotia Canada

Thanks Daphne and Alison
I'm looking forward to Maine in July.  Bob and I pass by the area twice each year too and from Florida.  It will be nice to stop and "smell the roses".
You're right Alison....there is no easy way out.  However, I find preparing for a show less stressful than posting on eBay.
So the "easy" way in this case was referring to my shattered nerves :crackup:
Either way there is an adrenalin rush.  It's just so much more gratifying when that "rush" comes from meeting other artists and collectors face to face. With eBay the "rush" comes when you see your bear go for more than what you expected...that last minute bidding war is just way to exciting!!!  bear_thumb :pray:
It would be nice if that happened every time... and it would be great if every show were a success.  We live in hope :pray:
Hugs
Gail

Board footer