Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Wendy1.jpgAngel_Bear1.jpg"Wendy" is a very special Angel Bear that honors a new Angel in Heaven...a young woman who just lost her battle with Cystic Fibrosis (the same disease that my daughter has). Please go to my website read the story of how this teddy knew what she needed to be...before I even understood why:

http://web.mac.com/designedbykm/iWeb/Si … 0Bear.html

This is another of my 10 jointed teddies. There are lots of photos on my website of this wonderful Angel Bear.

She a very special teddy and she is available for adoption.
Thanks for looking
~Kathy Myers

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

She is beautiful Kathy. And the story is so moving.  :hug:  :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Kathy.
     What a wonderful teddy to honour Wendy.  It's funny sometimes, when bears just seem to take over and lead us, if we will stop and listen.  I am so sad for her family - how indescribably awful to lose a child.  Good luck with your teddy - she deserves a special home.
                                                                  hugs.

Brenda

Lakewood CA
Website

Thanks so much!

Brenda, I'm so glad that you also know what it is like to have your teddies help you in their creation...and you are so right, when that happens you just have to quietly follow their directions.

My Angel Bear was adopted just after she was posted to my website by a collector who has a personal connection to the angel theme.  It is always a  wonderful bonus when our collectors have an immediate personal and emotional connection to something that we have created.

Thanks to all who have taken the time to read about my Angel Bear
:hug:
Kathy

mjbears mjbears
northants

oh sweet sweet sweet :clap:  bear_wub

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Bless your heart Kathy!!
My nephew died from Cystic Fibrosis last year. He ran away from home feeling none of us cared about him and was found on a park bench dead.
He was 21.
It broke my heart to think he thought we didn't care.
I thank you for sharing your story. Bless you, bless you, bless you!!!
I know you were called to make this bear. Had to be!!!!!
And I pray your daughter. :pray:

2catkiss LALand Bears
Oregon

Hi Kathy,
I didn't log on soon enough.  My Mom is a new angel in Heaven also. 
Thank you for this beautiful story and God Bless you for  your awesome talent

Lee Ann

Lakewood CA
Website

Lee Ann...God bless your dear mother. I'm sure that she is watching over you.  :pray:

Oh, Cyndee, I am so sorry to hear that your nephew died alone because of misunderstandings....and so very young. Now that he is also an angel in Heaven I'm sure that he knows that he truly was loved by his family.  :pray:  Speaking from personal experience, it is extremely difficult relating to someone with a terminal illness especially because they are not always rational or logical due to the side effects of their meds or the stress of their situation.

Anyone who also has a loved one who has a serious illness would probably benefit from reading this book that will give them great insight..........."Sick Girl Speaks" by Tiffany Christensen...(subtitle of the book is "Lessons and Ponderings along the road to acceptance").
This is an excellent book for caregivers (especially doctors and nurses)...in fact Tiffany now gives lectures to med students. It's an easy read with a sense of humor and lots of wise words for anyone trying to understand how to relate to a person with a terminal illness. My daughter and I are extremely close and all of Tiffany's words are so true and very wise for such a young person. Personally I plan on reading this book many times.

:hug:
Kathy

denisepurrington Out Of The Forest Bears
Seattle
Website

What a wonderful little bear Kathy with such wonderful meaning.  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
How is Kalissa doing?  & you?
Big Hugs,
Denise  :hug:

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Thank you Kathy.
I'm going to check out the book on Amazon right now. bear_original

Board footer