Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Kristina Kristina Bears
Edmonton
Website

Wow!! I am in shock. I can't believe he is dead. He was The Elvis of my time. I truely hope he finds peace now. I can't imagine what his live must have been like. I think he will be very missed.

Kristina

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

I agree Kristina, I grew up with his music as well.  I believe he lived a very tortured life, having no childhood and being abused by his father the way he was. I can only hope he has now found peace.

Shane

karenaus Melbourne
Website

And poor Farrah bear_sad  So shocking to wake up this  morning to all this news..

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

I am in shock too his music was a huge part of my growing up me and millions of others I agree with Shane I hope he has found peace and my heart weeps for his children very sad sad day and a huge loss for the music world.

and the beautiful Farah at last she can find some peace too she passed with dignity in my eyes

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Yes I agree too, I should have mentioned Farrah as well, it has been a tragic day. 

hugs

Shane

Natascha LeftyBears by Natascha Sabo
Remchingen

I'm sad , too.
Poor Michael, things seemed to go so well for him with his big comeback in London and now he's dead.
Let's just hope he will find now the peace that he didn't find in his life.

Kristina Kristina Bears
Edmonton
Website

It has been a very sad day! Farrah losing her battle with cancer, I believe she is now some where free of pain and smiling down.

And now Michael! I hope his children are safe and with loving people who will take care of them and look out for them honestly. They have a frightening journey ahead of them. I hope they will be well cared for!!!

Kristina

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

A very sad day, Michael and Farrah in a much better place now!

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

I will miss Michael too ...... his music inspired me during my teaching time in my ballet-school and I love his music. He will live for ever because of his wonderful work he did with his music.

Long live Michael Jackson - long live the King of Pop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

staticbear777 Posts: 35

god bless him and i hope and pray he is at peace and with our lord jesus and truly believe in christ that is the most important thing, god bless him and may he find true peace amen.

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

We all can be forever grateful for the enormous changes Michael made in the world of music in the 80's - I think this child-like man was a musical genius.  I don't think in our lifetime anyone else will come close to having the same impact.   Thanks for the boogie, Michael.

... and the beautiful and adorable Farrah .... such fond TV memories.   Remember, how we all just HAD to have her flicked back hairstyle in the early 80's!

Great memories of 2 wonderful icons of our time!

Hugs
Marg  bear_original

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Sad day, I cannot believe they are both gone.  bear_sad  bear_sad

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

I agree with all of  you. Michael and Farah were the big stars in my growing up years. Farah with Charlie angles and Michael with his music. My favorite song he performed was Ben. A song about a pet rat bear_wub .....If you want to listen to it, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSqo17o2a1w

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I know, its terrible bear_sad  I grew up with Michael as well he was plastered on my bedroom walls when I was 7 bear_sad  And poor Farrah too bear_sad

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

It's a terrible shock...  bear_cry  bear_cry why do these icons die so young...Elvis, Kennedy, Princess Diana, Grace Kelly, Marilyn Monroe..to name just a few....too much too young?

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado
jenny wrote:

It's a terrible shock...  bear_cry  bear_cry why do these icons die so young...Elvis, Kennedy, Princess Diana, Grace Kelly, Marilyn Monroe..to name just a few....too much too young?

I agree, they only seem to be here for such a short time! It is a shame!

2catkiss LALand Bears
Oregon

On tv here today we had a 3 hour special in memory of Michael. It started with his ABC 123 song with the Jackson 5, and was a collection of his most memorable videos and short movies.  It ended with a showing of the long version of "Thriller". I was glued to my tv for 3 hours, could not move.  He's about the same age as me so it brought back memories of my entire life.....and some of the dance moves, my goodness.  How did he ever do "the lean".
RIP

Lee Ann

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

It was such a shocking dear, hearing of so many amazing people passing away.  I just love MJ's music, grew up singing to all his songs, trying to dance like him, who never tried moonwalking across their living room floor?!  He has left a very special legacy in the music world.  It was a sad day, as also I heard that my sister in laws Grandad passed away the same day, with no warning, he was 88 but in fine health....  Something in the air that day I think  bear_ermm

May you all rest in peace,
Catherine x

Krys SoCal
2catkiss wrote:

How did he ever do "the lean".

Lee Ann

I was wondering that myself..here's what I found on Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smooth_Criminal:

Anti-gravity lean

"Smooth Criminal" music video. Shows an anti-gravity lean performed by Jackson.

An image of U.S. Patent No. 5,255,452 filed by Jackson describing the anti-gravity lean.
The effect in the video when Jackson and the dancers lean forward a seemingly impossible distance was achieved using special harnesses with wires and magnets. It was desired to replicate this effect for Jackson's stage show, but it would have been more obvious and cumbersome to use wire harnesses in a live performance. Jackson and his team devised an alternative way to achieve the effect on stage. The props needed for their technique were patented in the United States by Jackson in 1993,[6] and consist of pegs that rise from the stage at the appropriate moment, and special shoes with ankle supports and cutouts in the heels which can slide over the pegs and be thereby attached to the stage temporarily. These allow the performers to lean without needing to keep their centers of gravity directly over their feet.

The manoeuvre was copied by the dance group "Diversity" in the third series of Britain's Got Talent[citation needed].

2catkiss LALand Bears
Oregon

Wow  :clap:  :clap: very interesting.
Isnt it amazing how much went into just that maneuver?  It took all of about 7 seconds in a 5 minute video but so much attention to perfection !  He was an incredible entertainer.

Lee Ann

Board footer