Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

P1010717c.JPGP1010715c.JPGBertie the 14" bear is posted on my website and available for adoption. He is made from dense ivory-colored mohair and has brown cotton velveteen paw pads and antique boot-button eyes and a waxed nose. He has an adorable little hump, even if I do say so myself:)

Becky

scruffiebears Posts: 318
Website

Bertie is really wonderful.  bear_grin

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Hi Becky,  I really like these traditional teddies you have been making, there is a very nice comforting shape to them (does that make any sense?)  They look like a great bear to hold
Joanne

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

He is wonderful... he has great appeal!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website

Aww,

How isn't he adorable?  Alas, I'm Dangerbear'd out for now.  :)  I agree with some of the others -- I like his hump -- and as with Leo and Buddy, all your teddies make me want to reach into the screen to cuddle them.  :)  I am not sure why -- as it's an odd thing to like I suppose -- but I adore his arms and legs; exactly the right proportions a teddy should have, especially with the shape and size of Bertie's head.  :)

Hehe, I even set the photograph of Leo and Buddy together as the wallpaper on my computer at work -- they look so cute, I can't wait until they arrive.  :D :D  I couldn't help but keep beaming at them, hehehe, I'm amazed I got any work done.  :)

-- Thomas Adam

P.S.  What's with the name Bertie?  There's been a few teddies here recently with the name Bertie -- even one I adopted recently.  Guess it's an interesting coincidence.   :)

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thanks everyone! I really do appreciate the good words.

I'm glad that the bears look holdable and huggable. This one has an especially rounded tummy, which I like.

Now, the name Bertie... It was on impulse, and largely because I wasn't sure of the bear's gender. (Roberta, Robert, Bertha?) Thomas' bear Leo, on the other hand, reminded me of a lion:)

Best,
Becky

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website
dangerbears wrote:

Thanks everyone! I really do appreciate the good words.

I'm glad that the bears look holdable and huggable. This one has an especially rounded tummy, which I like.

*cuddle* -- I will dream happy tonight.   I hope Leo and Buddy are enjoying their travels.  :)  Very holdable and very cuddly, yes.  :)

dangerbears wrote:

Now, the name Bertie... It was on impulse, and largely because I wasn't sure of the bear's gender. (Roberta, Robert, Bertha?) Thomas' bear Leo, on the other hand, reminded me of a lion:)

Ah, hehehe,  Well, unless the teddy bear is dressed in a dress, or is pink or somehing, and doesn't have a name to the contrary, I assume "male".  :)  Thankfully though, Becky, you've done the hard work with naming the teddy bear, and I am always faithful to honouring that name, if only because I *suck* at naming teddy bears, ending up with "TeddyA", "TeddyB", "TeddyC", etc.  Hardly very imaginative.   :)

I don't think Leo looks like a Lion, but I will certainly add that to his portfolio when I add his profile to my teddy folder.  :)

-- Thomas Adam

LEllenBrown Posts: 213

Bertie is a very handsome bear!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thank you, Ellen! I was surprised to see him pop up after so long.

Glad you like Bertie:)

Becky

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website
dangerbears wrote:

Thank you, Ellen! I was surprised to see him pop up after so long.

Glad you like Bertie:)

Becky

Hehe -- I note he's still available.  :)  If only I could snap up alllllllll of Dangerbears' teddy bears.  :D

-- Thomas Adam

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

He is lovely Becky.His fur is gorgeous and I love his profile bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
As for the name Bertie that was the name of the first bear that I sold at Hugglets Sunday.That name keeps popping up everywhere bear_grin
Laurie :hug:

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Just wanted to let you know that since Bertie has not found a home through my website, he's been listed on eBay at a reduced price and is dreaming of travel.  bear_original

http://shop.ebay.com/beetee602/m.html?_ … ksid=p3686

Becky

Kessy Kesseys Bears
North Wales

I agree hes gorgeous xxx bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

I'm sure Bertie will find a new home through ebay. He does look extremely huggable and perfectly proportioned.  bear_wub

Regards

Lisa

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thank you, Lisa and Sue!  :hug:  :hug:

Becky

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Lovely! bear_wub
Cheryl

Board footer