Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Pages:
jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

You may remember my problem with an item I bought, which when it turned up the colour looked nothing like in the  photos or the description. I got awarded a refund by Paypal who upheld my complaint....now the woman has left me negative feedback.

I am disgruntled because it's a bit like if I buy an item from a shop and it turns out to be not what is described, (it's illegal to sell something that is wrongly described)..and the shop then takes it upon themselves to slander and libel me and damage my reputation because they don't accept my right to complain. This is a serious problem with ebay as this 'feedback' thing is always the mechanism for vindictive people to use this as a means of venting their anger at being 'found out'. I do think that if a complaint has been upheld by Paypal and ebay, negative feedback aimed at the complainer on the part of the wrongdoer should not be allowed.

I wrote to ebay fearing this would happen and all I got was a stock response from someone who had clearly not even read my email....so that was a waste of time

This has now damaged my feedback through simply complaining about a fraudster.

Buyer beware!!!!!!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Jenny  :hug:  This is shocking, I would complain complain complain until you get someone from eBay to listen - they can delete the negative feedback.

I would also respond to the feedback, so people are aware what happened.

Ooh I feel so sorry for you!  What a horrible woman she is
Danni

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Oh Jenny this is so wrong, surely there must be something that can be done... I really feel for you ..... sending hugsssssss :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

warwickshire uk
Website

I have used the Ebay facility to get feedback retracted...I guess they look at the circmustances first before deciding. But I knew she would do this!
I really do think that upheld complaints should be dealt with differently, she should have the opportunity to defend her actions but not to hit back in this way when I have genuinely got a complaint

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Have you tried calling eBay Jenny? When I was first listing things on eBay, I had problems and had a very helpful person when I called them.  I think they also have " live help" at times, that might be another avenue to persue.

Good luck,  :hug:  :hug: to you.
Ellen

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

LEAVE FEEDBACK TO HER FEEDBACK - I have seen this done before.... I am not sure how it is done though... what a crummy seller!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Jenny,
Something similar happened to me in regards to feedback. I purchased an old Norman Rockwell puzzle from this guy and the box was dried up, torn and barely holding the pieces in. He wrapped a piece of paper around the box and mailed it. Pieces were loose inside, not bagged. I was very luck (or HE was) that all the pieces were there and box not totally destroyed! I left NEUTRAL feedback (I discovered after the fact that he had a LOT of negative feedback...should have paid attention.) I simply stated that for his high shipping fee he could have taken care in packaging a fragile item. Well, he left me very sarcastic NEGATIVE feedback in return! JERK! Anyway, it's the only negative one I've ever gotten and it's still there, lowering my score. I emailed eBay twice and they did nothing. I received emails from others who'd won items from this guy and been left negative feedback having done nothing wrong! I feel sorry for the guy that he feels the need to be so nasty... .must have a lot of anger in there. But, PULEEZE... he doesn't need to dish it out publically!!!

Anyway, you are not alone, I agree with everything you've said and I also think you need to keep pestering eBay if you want this feedback removed. Calling may be a good idea. Then again, in the end, is it all really worth it? I was giving too much time and energy to being mad and figuring out what to do about this guy. Yeah, I still get a bit bothered by what this guy did to my score and the principal of the whole thing but... I'm still selling on eBay and no seller has told me I can't bid on their goods because of my feedback so I guess it hasn't hurt anything. (His score is getting lower and lower.... his freedom with nasty comments is going to hurt him! What goes around comes around.)

You have to do what is right for you. I wish you a positive outcome in the end, Jenny!

Big Hugs  :hug:
Daphne

warwickshire uk
Website

Daphne..you are so right...today I feel violated and it's left a nasty taste in my mouth...but it isn't worth the time or the effort.

I left her a negative feedback and discovered when I checked it there was another negative right next to mine...so I am not the only one she upset this week...she has had 3 new negatives just this week!!

Next time I shall check the feedback before I bid!!

Thanks everyone!!

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Jenny, I'm sorry this happened to you!  :hug:

I'm with Danni, complain complain complain until you get someone from eBay to listen - they can delete the negative feedback. I think it's a wayout.  :pray:

Julia

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

HI Jenn -  bear_thumb

How rotten for you - it's so nice to keep 100% good feedback score and this old boot has gone and left neg. for you.  :twisted:

I echo what all the girls here have said - but i'd be spitting nails if it happened to me - which it probably will at some time, eBay can be a shark infested place.

Keep trying to get the neg removed, there is a live contact to eBay i just can't find it at the moment. Give me a bit of time and i'll see if i can find it, i have used it myself so i know it's there somewhere - guess eBay like to be hard to contact, wonder why??? ha ha

Penny  bear_wub

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I had a problem a few months ago with a small item I bought on Ebay - it just didn't work! I tried contacting the seller, with no response so a week later when I decided to leave negative feedback it directed me to the mediation process to try. I did and the guy finally got back to me and after a period of time I sent back the item and was refunded. I then left positive feedback: item defective, returned for refund.... and got proper feedback in return.

Marion

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
jenny wrote:

...but it isn't worth the time or the effort.

Thanks everyone!!

Good for you, Jenny! Sounds like she's going to dig her own hole anyway!! People like that just aren't worth all the mental anguish. You'd be pleasing her more if she knew how uspet she's gotten you! Time will ease the distress you're experiencing.

warwickshire uk
Website

Hi Marion...that's the correct way to do it!! I can't get a response from this silly woman...not to nice or to nasty emails. I offered to pay the shipping to return the item...no response....she just blanks emails....but with 3 negatives in one week and 22 in a year it's hardly surprising.

If she had responded like your seller did there would be no problem...

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

FOUND IT JENNY!!!

HERE'S THE LINK TO EBAY 'LIVE CHAT'

http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/164 … e=16485391

Maybe you'll get a result using this

Good Luck Jenny

Penny  bear_thumb   :hug:

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

It would do my head in to. Just let some steam off here and at least post a feedback reply. Good luck.

Deb Upstate New York
gotobedbears wrote:

FOUND IT JENNY!!!

HERE'S THE LINK TO EBAY 'LIVE CHAT'

http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/164 … e=16485391

Maybe you'll get a result using this

Good Luck Jenny

Penny  bear_thumb   :hug:

Pen ~ Get this posted in Reference Library!  Whoohoo!  Good work!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

There are a lot of odd ducks out there!  bear_wacko

I suppose we are all odd ducks to someone.... somewhere.... not here though, right??  bear_innocent

Deb Upstate New York

Jenny ~

She sounds like one of those people that will definitely hang herself, given enough rope ... and Ebay is definitely a whole lot of rope.

I thought I read something in Ebay about conflict resolution procedures.  I'd try Penny's link to live chat to see if you can get some ideas.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Man, the feedback system is soo flawed. Makes me crazy that ebay has all this time to remove auctions, but no time for people in these situations. Just doesn't seem fair.
I'm very sorry this happened to you Jenny. YOu are so nice and just wanted to be fair. I don't think we should have to pay for an item that was misrepresented, or leave postive feedback out of fear. What kind of system is that??

Like everyone else, I say keep bugging ebay. Why not?? Everytime you come on here, send them an email or something. I know it may not be worth the hassle, but I can kinda be relentless sometimes.

Keep us posted...

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Jenn, I can relate to what you are saying.  I think ebay needs to improve thier feedabck system.. I too have received a negative feedback, unjustly.  I send a check by mail for an  item that I had won.  Well, the seller did not recieve her check fast enough and posted negative feedback.  I had to cancel my check (cost me $16 bucks!)  I have emailed ebay several times about this as it has lowered my percentage score.  Not fair!  This score of %99.9 positive does not accurately reflect me as a member of the ebay community.  I always pay for my auctions rigth away.

I have even even used live help.  Ebay says they are working on this.    I suggested that any negative feedback needs to go through an a third party from ebay before being posted.   So much of it is retaliatory that is loses accuracy.

I can't even count how many times I would have liked to have left negative feedback but have refrained from doing so for fear of unfair retaliatory feedback.

It needs to be revamped on ebay...and it without a doubt very frustrating.  aaaarrrrgggghhh bear_angry

warwickshire uk
Website

Thanks everyone....I just used the live chat ..the girl says that it is definitely the type of incident where ebay will step in and remove negative feedback. So I used their proceedure for asking them to consider removing it...I'm just amazed that ebay haven't already got a mechanism in place for filtering negative feedback that's used in this vindictive way.

A lesson well and truly learnt though about checking feedback before placing a bid...it's a toughy when things go wrong

Dilu Posts: 8,574

awww Jen, I'm sorry-especially since you were the buyer and since you got your money back......go figure.....however I think most people read carefully and evaluate all the feedback to determione what is going on.  The hubs has even written the seller asking why the neg feedback, before placing an order or bidding.  Sometimes it is an honest mistake and sometimes.....well some people are just mean spirited.  She needs to take better pictures or this will continue to happen....where have we all heard that before.?

dilu

nettie scotland
Website

Try not to le this upset you too much Jenny.Being in the right and still penalised is frustrating.I had a mad woman leave me really nasty feed back saying buyers beware etc.She had tried to pay for my bear with a two year old cheque signed with only her first name???Under the vile feedback she left I put please refer to previous of mine and take a look at hers.I still get angry when I see I have not got 100% feedback through no fault of my own.Smile through it if you can
Diane xxx

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Judi wrote:

I can't even count how many times I would have liked to have left negative feedback but have refrained from doing so for fear of unfair retaliatory feedback.
:

Me too!

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Jenny,

How crummy! I am so sorry all this happened to you!   :hug: 

It is sooo frustrating when a sincere, honest person is just trying to take care of their own business and then gets slammed like this by an unscrupulous person who is just being mad and vindictive about being called out about their own dishonesty!!  Aargh! :twisted:  :twisted:  That sort of thing really makes me mad!!

judi wrote:

Me too, Judi! It makes me wonder how many other people do this and how much of the positive feedback I see would actually be neutral or negative if the people didn't have to worry about unfair retaliatory feedback.

I'm glad you got your money back Jenny and I hope you get that negative taken off quickly. Meanwhile, don't let the old meanies get you down!!  bear_wub  :hug:

Many hugs,

Pages:

Board footer