Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

DSCF2303tt.JPGDSCF2309tt.JPGHi everyone,

I'm happy to share my latest commissioned bear with you. He's 16" tall and made of cinnamon-colored kid mohair. He has a center-seam head gusset and velvet paw pads.

Claude is wearing a button/pinback that might be familiar to many of you. It reads "I Am Loved," and has been used as a promotional tool by Helzberg's jewelers since the 1960s and has been translated into many languages. It's on one of my bears because 1.) the bear refused to wear a bow, and 2.) the button was designed by my great-uncle Claude Burk, who was the art director for Helzberg's for 30 years or so.

I think Claude's new dad will really like him.  bear_original

Becky

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website
dangerbears wrote:

I think Claude's new dad will really like him.  :)

Hehe, "dad" indeed.  :)  I prefer the term "owner".  The idea of anything children-like scares me.  :)

I am over the moon, thank you so much, Becky.  You've made Claude beautifully, he fits the profile for my idea of a teddy bear perfectly.  I hope you're proud of him, I know I can't wait to receive him into my hug -- perhaps Leo, Buddy, and my other teddies will throw a picnic for him when he gets here.  :D

Thank you once again, Becky.  I have no doubt that next year will see more commissions from me to you.  :D

Happily,

Thomas

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Becky,

Claude is really adorable; I can understand why his new "owner/dad" will be delighted with him  bear_wub .

Though I am sure he doesn't need a button for people to know that he is loved; it goes without saying !  bear_flower

A gorgeous teddy.  :clap:

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter.

P.S. to Thomas : I don't like to use the term "owner", because I get the distinct impression that the bears own me instead of the other way around !  :crackup:

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

He's lovely.  Lol at the argument over who owns who though.  We adopt bears in our family  bear_happy

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Wonderful! bear_wub
Cheryl

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Becky,

What a gorgeous bear!  Thomas, you are a very lucky chap indeed.  I think the badge is a wonderful touch too, what more could a bear ever want in life.  bear_wub

Regards

Lisa

patchworkbear Posts: 28

Cool Bear! I'm pretty sure my bears own me as well. They take care of me rather than the other way around.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thanks, teddy friends -- parents, owners, and adopters.

I'm very happy that you like Claude, and I think you've raised a very important philosophical question here!   bear_happy

Becky

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Hi Becky

He is a lovely chap.  His centre-seam really suits him.

Regards

Sue

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thank you, Sue!

I was pleased with the center seam, too.  bear_original

Becky

Board footer