Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Dilu Posts: 8,574

DSC01284-2.JPGDSC01283-2.JPGDSC01294-2.JPGDSC01289-2.JPGDSC01287-2.JPGDSC01282-2.JPGI found some blue velvet in the garage, and thought it would be perfect for a  Father Christmas.  I have always wanted to collect Santas but just never quite got around to it.  When I saw the velvet I thought perhaps I could make one.

I used rovings for his hair and beard.  I wrapped them around hemostats into sausage curls. { I felt like Shirley Temple's mom. }  Then I needlefelted the sausage curls into the head.  Then I used MODGEPODGE, idea compliments of JazzyFran's sister Judy.  I diluted it in a spray bottle and spritzed it on the curls and let him sit by th fire all night.  (84 dgrees)

I used fingernail polish on the back of Intercal's blue German glass eyes. The fingernail polish had silver and blue glitter in it and it help to pick up the light and reflect it around.

I used the left over synthetic fur that I originally used for the Peta Princess's purple bear to give Santa fur on his velvet coat and hat. 

Then I decided he was going to be cold, so I made a crazy quilt cape and quilted it and that's what he is wearing on his shoulders.  I found a scrap of muscrat so I sewed that on for a collar.....but it is really just to keep his ears warm since his hair is so long no one but he knows he has a fur collar.

He needs boots.....and I thought I would make them, but in reality the onew we can buy and CRS are so much better than I can make, so I think I will order them.....

Then I thought I would make a big bag.  And that's where I will hide the hub's stocking gifts.....he'll never suspect.  But I can't put him near the fire, or everything will melt.  I guess we know what the hubs is getting in his stocking......

Oh yeah,  Santa has a pair of black velvet pants n underneath his blue coat.  Boy those where the days when I wore things like that...I would much rather make stuff for Father Christmas than fus around with fancy clothing for me.

The little bear is a friend of Father Christmas's but I didn't catch his name.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh Dilu! Father Christmas is absolutely wonderful! I adore his little teddy friend too! You have done a marvelous job! I love them!  bear_wub  bear_wub

Many Hugs Louise

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

His eyes are the prettiest blue color and his cape is so full of Christmas cheer!!   bear_wub

Merry hugs,
Aleta

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

What a delicious Santa Dilu i love his wonderful cloths

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Oh my Dilu...you have completely outdone yourself...Mr. Claus is priceless!!!

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

I've been looking forward to seeing Father Christmas ever since your thread on making curls in roving with mod podge. (Cool technique!) He was definitely worth waiting for! He is wonderful. So much detail! His eyes are beautiful so are his clothes! Thanks for sharing!!

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

I was wondering about his cute little teddy friend though...  he looks a litttle mischevious.... Do you think the meltables in the bag will be safe?? bear_happy

Beary Christmasy smiles,

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

WOW DILLY!!! Wonderful!  Love his little bear friend too!  bear_wub

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

My goodness, Dilu!!  What an achievment Father Christmas is!  He is absolutely fantastic . . . all his details are stunning!  How tall is the old guy anyway??  Not Ricky . . . Mr. Claus.

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

He is wonderful Dilu!  I am amazed at hhis detail. :hug:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Wonderful work on Father Christmas Dilu ..... he really is fantastic ...I love his coat it is to die for  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Pipa UK

Wow Dilu !!!!!!!!!!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Awesome, Dilu....... and what a lot of work clearly went into his creation.  Really, really nice. bear_happy

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Wonderful Dilu!  It look slike you spent a lot of time on this fellow.  Is there a golly in his secret santa cape?  BEAUTIFUL! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Wow,  I forgot all about posting him, I guess its because I followed directions and posted him here.... bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin .....sometimes I can

He is 21" tall or there-abouts.

I am still toying with a toy sack.....but now I've gotten wrapped up in this idea for a challange bear....and since I have never done a challange before I thought I should get started......

Thanks for your kind comments.....I plan on researching the different countries equivelant and making some of them too...I will drive the Hubs crazy, he turns walks into a room and someone new jumps out at him....yikes!

dilu

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Dilu... that crazy quilted cape is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

He's wonderful Dilu!!! And his little beary friend  bear_original . I just love the way you've dressed him!  bear_thumb

Board footer