Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Do Teddy Bears like Marmite?  (Vegemite if the Bear is from Down Under.)
Would they just say, "Yuck!" and ask for some chocolate instead?

Inquiring arctophiles want to know!  bear_happy

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

We had a fairly in-depth discussion about marmite/vegemite on TT three years ago . . . although I don't think any of our bears expressed an opinion.  Maybe they have come to a decision by now.

Natascha LeftyBears by Natascha Sabo
Remchingen

My bears prefer chocolate!

teeeej Brisbane

My bears eat both!  bear_grin

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

My bears prefer chocolate too!
I did smell vegemite once, but did not manage to taste it because I hate its smell.  bear_wacko

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

My bears are definitely anti-marmite and vegemite, they had a look and sniff at both, and like their owner decided they were both evil  bear_laugh

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

hmmmm....chocolate. Definately Chocolate......the more the better................Mommy, where's my chocolate?????
:crackup:
Ellen

Geralye Belper, Derbyshire

Paddington Bear, a well-known Marmalade-fancier, has been seen advertising Marmite on UK televison...
bear_grin

Us Bears Pennsylvania

We know Paddington was recently turned on to Marmite.  That's part of the reason we asked the question.
We just can't imagine Pooh would be a Bear who would fancy Marmite.  We kind of figured he'd take one sniff and say, "Oh, bother..."

Yes, Paddington is a Marmite fan but we have a hard time imagining that Teddy Bears as a species would be much interested in the stuff.  However, it could be about a Bear's upbringing.  If he grew up where Marmite or Vegemite was popular, I can see where there would be more Bears that like it.

Most of the Bears in this den think that Vegemite is just the Australian national prank.  They keep a jar of the stuff in the back of their cupboards just in case some unsuspecting American comes to visit.  Then they get it out and see if they can get him to eat it.  We figure there has been many a laugh shared over a jar of Vegemite.  bear_happy

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Oh yes but vegemite puts a rose in every cheek and our kids grow up on the stuff  bear_grin  We do have the occassion giggle at an unsuspecting newbie to it. My bears love it on toast. bear_wub  bear_wub

Raewyn

Board footer