Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Hi! I would like to know if we have anyone from the US has sent money to Joehannasburgh in Africa? If you have, How?" example please"? Has your money arrived safely to its distination? I have to send money and just don't know how.Please help.Any information would be mostly appreciated. :hug: Hugs Mary

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Experience from living there is that Jo'burg post is not the most secure in the world.  I'd paypal it or bank transfer it, don't post it

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

I have sent money 3 times. Once in a birthday card and it never made it and then the next time I used Pay Pal.
Now my nephew has a bank account so I just transfer at Christmas right into his account.

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Thank You! So.... bear_wub  Katy and Bubble for your information. I was told to send money through Nix Check Cashing 7-Eleven. But I was skeptic since I have to send S300.00 US to my son that is stranded there. Some stold what he had,I am so worried. I really appreciate this info :hug: Hugs

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Oh please please be careful then Mary!!
Thieves run scams all the time.
One Mother got a call from a lady saying her son was in the hospital and they needed money as his insurance was no good in this particular foreign country.
Her son wasn't even in the hospital (Thank goodness) but they thieves got $5000 from her. bear_sad

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Mary only use something you're comfortable with.  If he has a bank card and account in the US, he can access it from a bank machine over there, so transfer it to that account, and he can withdraw it, that's the point of Visa and Mastercard debit cards, you can use them worldwide  bear_original

Kristina Kristina Bears
Edmonton
Website

Mary Please check into this before you send any money!!!! They just had this on my local news the exact same story. Someone hacked into a teacher's email and sent emails to all her contacts with the EXACT same story!!!! Please call your son or his friends. Don't send anything yet!!!!

Make sure first!!!!!
Kristina

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Hi! everyone I came in to check what other options I have. And I am glad I did, I thank you all for your advice. I will definately check everywhere to make sure before I do send this money. I am just so...worried. Thank You all again. :hug:  Hugs Mary

Us Bears Pennsylvania

I smell a scam.

Speak to your son in person.  Ask him a question that only he would know the answer to.
(Like what is the name of his first Teddy Bear.  bear_happy )

Don't send anything until you are 100% sure you are talking to your son and you know why he needs the money and where, exactly, you will be sending it.

You won't be able to send any money until Monday, anyway.  Use the time to do your own detective work.

Maybe you could call the police (non-emergency) and ask their opinion.  Maybe they could even HELP you send the money if it is true.

Board footer