Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Bear-2.jpgBear-Dec-1.jpgHere are two pictures of bears that I have just completed. They my normal patterns with a few adjustments made to them. The two bears sitting together are made from Schulte mohair while the bear on its own, is made from Ko-hair, a nylon fabric.All 3 still need their noses waxed. The ko-hair bear is also floppy, filled with plastic pellets, a bounce back poly fiber filler and I did add a few small glass beads for weight. This bear is going to be for the little "sprog" when it arrives in July.
bear_original

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

They are soooooooo adorable.  I want them all too, but that little brown one has the most precious baby face. 

Super job, thanks for sharing !

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Absolutely wonderful little babies! Cute and cuddly!

Many Hugs Louise

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Beautiful bears ....... I love them

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

WOW!!!! Wonderful bears! i especailly love the tiny one!

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

oh he is soooo cute!
hugs Kerren

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

AAAWWWWW!  I like the bigger one the best... looks like he'd be fab to cuddle!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild thyme Originals

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

They are gorgeous....!!!! So sweet and cuddly, you did an excellent job!  bear_wub

Pipa UK

they are both gorgeous bears !

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

All wonderful ! I love the Kohair...can we get this in the USA ?Where ? ...Winney

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Beautiful, lovely bears, Lynette!  I've seen ko-hair on Beary Cheap's site . . . is that where you got it?

Helen Out 'n About Bears
Poole, Dorset, England

All those bears are adorable!!
Helen

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Ooh they are truely adorable!!!!!!!!!!

Danni

Dilu Posts: 8,574

What sweet expressions.....congratulations.......no apologizing necessary-you're a keeper, why you are family already..... a194.gif

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Ooooohhhh, I am LOVING the first Big bear (the one with the wee one)  He is just DARLING!!!

Kimberly W.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Your Bears are so sweet - thanks for showing us.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Awwwhhhh...they're all cute!  And good on you for starting the sprog off on the right foot  bear_thumb  Gotta start bear lovers young, you know  bear_wub

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

those two cuddlers are just lovely bear_wub and that other handsome boy is adorable!!! bear_thumb

kathy

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

What a sweet couple! And I like that ko-hair boy as well!  bear_wub  bear_thumb  bear_flower

Great job! :dance:  :clap:

Julia

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

lovely bears!!  I love the little schulte one.  so adorable  bear_wub
I love the ko hair too.  So soft and makes up so beautifully.
hugs Sarah

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Thanks for all the lovely comments, Ko-hair I bought here in South Africa, but it is imported from overseas,I would think perhaps Australia.
If you do get it, I suggest sewing this way,
Trace out your pattern, then use fray check along all the cutting lines, then cut out.( I took all the cut out pieces outside and gave them a good shake as well as the left over fabric- the fluff goes everywhere .) Also use fray check on all the joint positions and eye positions.
Over cast all the seams by hand. Then sew with a machine or by hand whichever method you prefer stictching your bear together.
The material is slippery so the fray check and overcast seams will hold it together.
I used wooden disks, nuts and bolts for the joints, but beware of over costing a Ko-hair bear, as it will take the same time to make this kind of bear as a mohair bear, but you will not be able to get the same price as a mohair bear, so make it for yourself, a friend, or an accessory for a mohair teddy where you can then justify the price
bear_original Lynette.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

SUPER bears Lynette!  They look so soft and sweet.  You might want to think about putting them inthe Bear Showcase so everyone will see them. bear_wub

Board footer