Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

If you were a bear.... what kind would you be? :)
Wooble joint, Steiff, contempoary, bright color, real fur, mini, felted, plush, etc...

I'd be one of the bears with the really long fur (think curly bad hair day) gigantic feet and I'd like to be spotted! bear_laugh I'd be 15 in., not to big, but big enough to get attention!

Come you wonky goofy ladies, what would you be??!?! bear_happy

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Oh you silly....my feet already feel big from shopping all day ..
.OK, I am a very nice  pale yellow curly swirly kid mohair with a embroidered pink nose ( hardened of course, as this crowd gets wild sometimes with our dog pile hugs ).
Let's see...I am not jointed but I can stand up really good and I can bend and twist just like real people do. ( except I have had my crotch repaired 3 times ).I am stuffed with some new " wonder stuffin" ,whatever that is .
My ultrasuede  tongue is not prepetually stuck out as with some bears ( causes a case of " dry tongue" ) and I have an open mouth that...yes , you guessed it, I am gifted....It can open and close whenever I want it too...just in case some crickets or grasshoppers come around .

My eyes are so pretty as my creater ( bear god ?) that made me hand painted  eyes in 2 different blue colors...like the sky and I also have a few sparkels in them which real people call " twinkles in the eyes" , I really think somehow these twinkles have multiplied since I was born as every night, I can't help it...I am a star gazer. You see bears have some little quirks too. Oh yes...I am really good natured and can" roll with the punches" exceptionally well ...I do think that's has a lot to do with my stuffin being so good. What else...? I love to participate in dogpiles...as I can bounce around real good and can't hurt anybody cause I don't have no joints...he, he....Oh yeah, I'm 14 & 1/8th inch....reason I know that is I growd a little yesterday......Winney

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Definately WOOBLE jointed!!!:lol:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Kirsten what a silly great subject!

I would be super super big, like maybe 45 inches, and super super super soft, and I would have wonkily double joints (I do anyway) and would be made out of fur that is 2 inches long with the finest finishes  and it would be naturally curly.  My ears  and tummy would be peach and my arms and legs and face would be pale seafoam green.  And I would still sleep with my honey and I would play Opera areias just by pressing my toe.  And since I'm a teddy I wouldn't worry at all about his snoring ( or when he doesn't breathe!  Super scarry bear_sad  )  And I would never ever ever have another headache!

Hmmmm, what else?  Oh of course....I would live on chocolate and never ever get sick or gain weight.  And I would never  get dirty cuz I don't trust my honey to clean me right. bear_original

And I wouldn't ask embarrasing questions.....like:

Winney why did your poor beary crotch have to get fixed 3 times? :o

Wonkilu

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Dilu, don't ask such personal questions, but hey, inquiring minds DO want to know, Winney!! bear_rolleyes bear_happy
What bear would I look like??  My bear that's up for sale . . . Hallie the Moppet.  She's got all the right colors and is continually comforted by her quiltie.  Think I'd have to be able to move around a little more than she does, though . . . so guess I'd need loose joints! bear_grin

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Kirsten, what a funny thought :D

If I can be the teddy bear.... I will be
21inch tall 
Long arms and long legs
Big ribbon on my hair(head)
KID mohair Antique Honey color(KID9/H at Intercal!)
Green or Blue Hand painted eyes
Embroidered big brown nose
Open Mouth with big smile
Stuffing...(cotton fiber)
No-joints! so I can move around like Winny! :lol:

when I'm in bad mood....I will be
50inch big ! bear_tongue Oops...

Bear Hugs/Marie

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Kirsten, Great topic! This is fun!!!
Dilu, you and Winney really crack me up! (Dilu, I have to kick my hubby in the night to get him breathing again. It is VERY scary when the snoring stops! I read somewhere - Dear Abby maybe? - that it's better to have a hubby beside you that snores than to not have him with you anymore. Who ever wrote it had just lost her hubby. It makes me think though - and tolerate things better!)

ANYWAY.....
If I were a bear I'd be 18" tall and have 1 1/4+" curly kid mohair fur, honey in color perhaps. Beautiful blue eyes and a dainty nose. I'd have to have a wobble head and fairly loose joints. I'd be stuffed firmly in my head (full of smarts of course!) and squishy everywhere else as I like being cuddly. Around my neck a loosely tied bow of quilter's cotton fabric in country colors (NO PINK!!) My feet would be big so everyone would notice my fancy sculpted toes. But those toes get cold a lot so a warm patchwork quilt would be a must to snuggle with on cold winter nights and picnic on in the summer. I'd also live on chocolate and cookies and Ben & Jerry's ice cream without worry!

We should all try designing ourselves 'in the fur' - what fun that could be!

Hugs, Daphne

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

I think I would be quite small, like 25 cm (10 "), with a quite small body, quite big head (not too big ears) and quite long arms, but not too long legs. Small feet (woolfelt, without any stitching toes). Little black glass eyes (or maybe blue). Dark grey or black mohair, not too long. Jointed but not too firmly stuffed (except in he head), so that I can move easily and bend arms and legs.
I will ask my fiancee to keep me as a bear (and not show me to anyone) and to let me use the computer... And to give me books, too. No need to eat or to sleep as I'm a bear (great!).
Mm... I must do some research, it's not very acurate...

It's a really great idea, Daphne : it can be really fun to try designing ourselves as bears ! I would like to try:).
Great topic Kirsten:).

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh boy this is a good one Kirsten!
If I were a bear to be a true replica of myself I’d be a big cuddly Momma bear who’d love all her cubs (and their Poppa bear) I’d keep my den tidy and free from mess. I would have to be small, dumpy and softly stuffed with wobbly joints and a mane of unruly fur that often needs treatment at the beardressers. My eyes would be googly and colour bright green. As for my feet they would be nice and round with claws of bright red (I’ve been at the nail varnish again). My nose would be neatly embroidered in shiny back thread. I'd be covered in patches from all of my falls because of my wobbly joints and I’d want lots of cuddles because of my pain (from the falls) I would be a pathetic bear wouldn’t I!

Now what I would really like to be if I were a bear.

I would be tall and elegant with long limbs and made from superior Schultz mohair. My eyes would be hand painted glass eyes with long lashes. My joints would be firm (no wobble in sight)
No patches needed as I would be a collectors piece worth a fortune in mint condition.  I would be admired by collector’s world wide.

Nah…what am I saying …who would wish to be so pretentious, certainly not me! I would like to be exactly as I am without quite so much stuffing and no wobble joints.

Shelli   I bought Adobe 7 for my son but I’ve been playing with it myself and came up with the avatar that I am now using. I am quite pleased with my first attempt.

Jane
http://www.doodlebears.co.uk

http://www.craftyfolksads.co.uk

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

"there's a stud in her ear
and i really do fear
it would choke
our dear babe
if he ate it"
that's what they said
as they left me for dead
in a cupboard
for years and for years

so if i were a bear
i'd have tatty hair
and bald bits and
mats and moth holes
i'd be full of old stuffing
that felt quite like
nothing
and had shifted
and balled and collapsed

my feet would point outwards
instead of straight up
and my arms would be long
and quite pointy
alone in the dark
forgotton unloved
i would sit
dreaming dreams
of deeds knightly

a knight that would rescue
a poor tatty bear
who had sat in a cupboard
for years
and save from a life
that was rife with despair
and a mouse
who dined on her ears

then they would find me
all draped in dust
with an ear that had been nibbled by mice
then they'd give me a clean
sew up the odd seam
and really
i would look quite nice

so then i'd get sold
just because i was old
at a famous and big auction house
not bad for a bear
who had had her poor ear
nearly pulled off by a mouse

"she's a Steiff"
they would shout
as they waved me about
in front of the auctioning crowd
as the bidding went up
i would think they were looney
til i found
i'd been won
by George Clooney!

Penny bear_tongue

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Man, you and your George Clooney jones, Penny.  You really have it going on with that guy.  Too cute.

You might have more luck getting adopted by him, tho, if you were a stuffed potbelly pig. I'm sure you're all too familiar with the fact that his relationship with his fat little squeaking friend is, like, the longest and most serious relationship of his adult life. !!!

Wonderful poem!

I don't have a problem with that Shelli - most people have a long and happy relationship with a fat potbellied pig - it's usually their husbands:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Penny :P

aplogies to all the wonderful men out there

.... i really don't fancy anyone else apart from George and of course, my other half (had to say that as he sometimes like to read some of the postings here, especially the funny ones)

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Penny - you are quite the talented poet, my friend!!  What a joy to log in and find your cute verse . . . keep it up! bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh

White City, Oregon

hose who have wondered  what happened to  rip my crouch 3 times ....It always happens when I am trying to crawl out from under our " dog pile hugs "...see I am only 14 and 1/8th inches tall which is smaller than most of the bears here. Lucky for me I still have my tail.....Winney

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Hee hee, Winney . . . what were we thinking???!!!  bear_grin bear_grin

I DARE'NT join in on this one girls - crotches for heavens sake!
Where will it all end i ask myself?

Penny bear_tongue

White City, Oregon

Oh yes...you teddy girls are too much. Where do you let your  fluffy minds go. Oh, sometimes I get my pits ripped too, it's all from tearing around and having fun with the ( dog )  bear piles happen ...Winney

Oh Daphne

I couldn't agree more, I am always comfortable with his snoring.....and he doesn't snore loud, he has these cute little uhuh type snores....it when he stops that I wake up....and count....at about 30 I start gently rubbing whatever I can reach....Usually sleep apnea happens to rather heavy folks that aren't in such good shape....My cuddlebunny is a hiker, and walker and not heavy.....so I don't understand

Penny Penny Penny.....I think you should send it into Steiff.....they may appreciate the advertising in a most appreciative way, (like maybe an Appolonia?)  or not, but, darn girl, you are too too funny.

Our ISP server has been down nearly all day and I was getting downright cranky....(wihtdrawel? :o)

Kirsten this has been such a wonderfully fun topic....thank you so much....

Feeling better now I got my fix.....
Wonky dilu  bear_grin bear_grin

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

gee talk about dirty minds girl.  Get your minds out of the gutter.... LOL

you girls are toooo funny!  :rolleyes::mad::lol::P:/

Winney  Winney tired-of-foot Winney

I am so terribly relieved!  I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKING!!!

So glad the crotch thing is all healed up.....

For those who only read the last post.....let 'em wonder!

Dilu

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Dilu,
My hubby is a potbellied pig (Penny I get my daily dose of laughter from reading your posts!) - a darned cute one at that! bear_original So that explains his sleep apnea. Sorry there doesn't seem to be a reason for your hubby's though.
Kirsten, you really had a great idea here!
Hugs, Daphne

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Snoring husbands, that's a subject I am all too familiar with.  I do believe it would be quieter sleeping in a real bear den. 

As for being a bear, I would be one of the antique bear.   I love to see the old teddy bears.  They just look like they each have their own story.   A favorite saying of mine "Let's be a teddy bear in our next lifetime.  Nobody cares if they're fat and the older they get the more they are worth."

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Oh, Ladies!!  You all have me in stitches (so to speak) with your bear-self descriptions and antics.  I'm growling with laughter!!  I wanna see all of these made into actual bears. bear_tongue

What kind would I be??  Well.....kinda tall for a girl bear, about 18 inches, with long arms and legs, a long muzzle with a large heavily waxed (not brown!) bear_rolleyes;) nose and great big feet with trapunto padding and sculpted toes... so I'll have a good understanding, bear_tongue and hard, rather long (but not sharp) claws that I can paint or not, depending on my mood....I'll be made of 1 inch GOLDEN TAN "antique" finish mohair with unique disk/ball-jointed shoulders, hips and neck, and ball-jointed knees, wrists, elbows and ankles. bear_cool  Every fiber of my being will be evenly stuffed with polyfiber and glass beads and my forearms and paws will be wired for grasping.  Of course, I'll have paintable long claws on my trapuntoed paws to coordinate with my toes.  My head will be firmly packed with shreds of knowledge, which I will freely distribute through my special positionable hinged mouth (with teeth and tongue), and which will be replenished regularly. bear_rolleyes  My sparkly eyes will be hand-painted, of course, with swooshes of periwinkle, moss green and deep burgundy and lidded in tan ultrasuede with sweeping dark brown mohair eyelashes. I will have dry-brush oilpainted accents around my eyes, on my muzzle, inside my slightly larger than average ears, and on my paws and feet.  I will have a growler and a squeaker.  On my chest will be a large soft deep red heart.  My value will be "far above rubies" [Prov.31:10]. :D

When I find time make this bear its price will be about $3,000.

ellen ontario, canada

i want that Laure bear!
wowzaaa!  *rolling pennies*
bear_laugh

White City, Oregon

Laura ..that's exactly what I was thinking.LOL.... Winney

Board footer