Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

DSCF2427tt.JPGHi everyone,

My latest commissioned bear is bi-colored and bi-national, being made of a tipped Schulte mohair as well as a light-tan Norton mohair.

I wanted to give this design a touch of realism, so the bear has large paws and wired arms.

I'd love to hear what you think!

Becky

Boogaloo Bears Boogaloo Bears
united kingdom

What a gorgeous big bear - well done!   :clap:

Hugs

Lisa x

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, I like the colour combo.  I have the stuff to wire some arms, I'm just hoping I pull it off in the bears I'm going to inflict it on!

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

He is lovely!  His fur is beautiful & he looks so friendly & huggable!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thank you, everyone!

This fur was some of the nicest, densest, and most difficult (dense!) that I've ever worked with, but it is soooo pretty.

rowarrior wrote:

I have the stuff to wire some arms, I'm just hoping I pull it off in the bears I'm going to inflict it on!

bear_grin I'm sure you'll do just fine, Katy. This was my first try, and the tips from Joanne's blog tutorial made it a piece of cake. (Thanks, Joanne!)

Becky

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Becky,

He (or is it a she?) is really adorable; the two colours work wonderfully together and I also like the eyes and the big dark foot pads.  bear_thumb

He/she is so inviting for a big hug !  :hug:

Lovely work.  :clap:

Big hugs,

Peter, Vincent and the teddy gang

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Becky I love him especially his fur. Is it from Edinburgh?

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thanks, Tami and Peter!  :hug:  :hug:

Peter, he did get several hugs from me before he went into his shipping box.

Tami, I bought the fur from an ebay seller who was selling her old stash, and I believe it may be something Edinburgh doesn't stock, or maybe used to stock. I didn't get a style number, but it seems to be kid mohair -- dense, shiny, curly and yummy! (It's not like the currently stocked kid mohair I've bought from Edinburgh.) And I believe that it is Schulte.

Becky

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Really beautiful mohair and I like the combination a grand looking bear very huggable.

Raewyn

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

He's a cracker!  I love the tipped mohair and lovely face.

Hugs

Sue

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

What a beautiful bear,  What a great combination of color.  I love the cream with the tipped.  I love tipped mohair, and the dark pawpads are the right touch with the colors of the fur.  Very nice.
Joanne

bearsofbath Bears Of Bath
Bath, UK
Website

Wow, what a lovely bear :clap:  :clap: and a great combination of colours. The balance works really well with the large paws too. I bet his new owner is thrilled with such a lovely bear. bear_original

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

I really like him - well done.

Board footer