Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

hugglets10.jpghugglets9.jpghugglets3.jpghugglets2.jpghugglets1.jpgThank you to Jane for taking such wonderful photos at Hugglets, I visited for the first time and it was just fabulous, totally overwhelming!  A perfect way to spend my Birthday.  I managed to say hi to quite a few of you but didn't get round to everyone, I got disorientated with all those gorgeous bears!  I adopted a very special Bear called Twiddles from Marilyn of Barling Bears on behalf of Peter who lives near me back here in Belgium, it was a real delight to spend some time in the company of this gorgeous Bear!  He enjoyed his trip back through Kent to the Eurotunnel as you can see!!  When asked at Eurotunnel passport control if we had any pets I didn't tell them there was a Bear in the car!! 

Delighted with the mohairs I bought, can't wait to get creating!   Also parking in the car park under the venue was a great deal compared to the rest of London at only 4 pounds all day.  I managed to remember to take a few photos to share with you all in between ooohing and ahhhing!  You can see some more photos if you like at my Blog, www.bumpkinbears.blogspot.com

Bear Hugs
Catherine xx

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Hi Catherine

Looks like you had a wonderful day. What sort of Mohair did you get? I bought bags full and am just tucking into using it!  bear_grin  So many ideas and so much inspiration, it really was a fantastic day.

I love the Barling Bear you bought... beautiful. Is he completely loved now he's home?

Richard
x

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Hi Richard, I got some fabulous Spring coloured mohairs, some pretty ivory with beautiful wave to it, an old teddy gold, some pale blues.... the list goes on bear_original  It was like being in a sweet shop!  I bought Twiddles on behalf of Peter, he has now come and collected him and he is surely very loved.  I look forward to seeing which Bears you are making from your mohairs.
Hugs
Catherine x

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Catherine, bear_flower

It was an absolute delight to meet up with you and your lovely fiance on Sunday but I didn't realise at the time though that it was your birthday!  So I'd like to send a rather belated "Happy Birthday" to you! :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:

I love the piccies of little Twiddles on his journey to Belgium and, as I said to Peter, Twiddles is getting out and about far more than me at the moment!  Thank you so very much for chaperoning him until Peter picked him up, I am sure he was very well looked after!  I look forward to meeting up with you again in the future.

Take care,

Hugs,

Marilyn bear_flower

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Sounds like you had a great trip.  I'm glad I'm not the only nut that drove her bear home as if it were a passenger  bear_laugh

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Dear Catherine,

Thank you once more for bringing the lovely "Twiddles" home with you.  bear_flower
Although I wasn't able to attend the show, at least a very small part of the show came home to me !  bear_original
And thank you for taking such good care of Twiddles during his journey home; he does seem to have enjoyed it (he can't stop talking about everything he saw  bear_grin ).

And also to you, dear Marilyn, a big thank you, for brightening up my days with this adorable teddy !  bear_wub

A big hug to both of you,  :hug:

Peter
the Barling Gang
the Bumpkin Gang

puca bears puca bears

that's SO nice, Catherine! Glad you had such a good day at the show, and that Peter got his latest hug addition.........
big huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Aw, wonderful Catherine  bear_grin  I'm so glad you got to go, the best birthday pressie ever for a bear artist  bear_tongue

Board footer