Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Teddy-3.jpgTeddy-2.jpgTeddy-1.jpgThis is Teddy, a poor bear that was meant to be a traditional style ted, and who ended up, well, not being  bear_whistle   I think I need much bigger darts on the body to get the more rounded look - they seemed big enough in the paper, but hey, it's all a learning experience!

This poor bear had inflicted on him the following:

A dart under his chin to try and get rounder cheeks.  This didn't work at all as I was thinking it would, but I did like the effect!  I think I may need the darts further forward, and a longer snout?

I tried armature following Joanne (Desert Mountain Bear)'s technique with the perm rollers, but discovered I needed thicker guage wire for them to really bend a lot (at least I'm assuming that will help, I didn't have any to try it with!)

I tried a different way of pulling the toes, which I think works well, but the paw pad material was more suede than ultrasuede (can't really describe it, I think I inherited the material) and I got a couple of wrinkles, but I think I can work on that.

I airbrushed his ears and hand shaded his face now that I have a blender pen for my copic markers.  I think I need a bit more work, but was pretty happy with how it came out.

Anyway, Teddy is now recovering from his ordeal in his new home, with a friend of mine who is currently suffering from viral pneumonia.  I figured he needed a bear to hug - bless him, he suggested I shouldn't be giving Teddy away as I could sell him, got to love your friends who don't see your imperfections  bear_wub

honusms Fort Worth, Texas

Katy, he's wonderful!  As you say, it's all a learning experience, but in the process you've created something special  - AND therapeutic for your friend.  He's unique and full of character and another forward step in your journey.

Sue

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

I think he is very lovely - love his big feet

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

He's SO much fun, Katy! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

bear_wub  He's really sweet - i love your slightly quirky look  bear_happy

Netty Wassenaar

I love his head and feet, of course you know what he was meant to look like. I can't wait to see the improved version  :dance:

Annette

Glasgow

Thanks guys  bear_original   I've got a pile of bears to turn from fur to bear before I'll have another go at this pattern, and I'm glad you love the feet, because all my bears are ending up with big feet!

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

He's great Katy a real little cheeky fella, and those feet are great
hugs susan

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

I LOVE this bear  bear_wub  His facial expression is great, love the shape of his body and those feet ............. LUV THEM  bear_thumb

Hugs Ali

Sarah Sarian Miniature Bears
South Wales

bear_original  bear_original As with all of our loved ones, it's the imperfections and the quirks that make someone special.  If we were all perfect we'd be boring and I think this teddy is full of character.  bear_original  bear_original   I'm sure he's making your poorly friend smile lots.  bear_thumb  bear_wub

Hugs,

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Great chin, lovely shading, and that big brown nose is adorable!

Becky

Glasgow

Thanks guys, maybe I won't do much to the design after all  bear_wub

Board footer