Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

tucker_kiwi_09.JPGHello everyone!  :hug:

I'd like to introduce Kiwi ... Tucker's brother (they are both about 5" tall).  Kiwi was created from recycled coyote fur.  Just like Tucker, Kiwi has movable eyelids and individually pose-able fingers/toes with claws.  I hope you enjoy seeing him!  :)

tucker_kiwi_03.jpg

tucker_kiwi_02.jpg

kiwi_05.JPG

kiwi_06.JPG

kiwi_07.JPG

kiwi_08.JPG

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, another cute little baby

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website

Hi Melisa,

Kiwi is just adorable! bear_thumb
They look great together. :clap:  :clap:

Love kayx. bear_wub  bear_wub

JRB CREATIONS JRB CREATIONS
New Carlisle, IN

OMG!!!  They are so adorable!!  I love them both!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

:hug:
*Jeannette

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

AAaawwww, says it all really!
How small are they? They look so tiny for all that detail.

Richard
x

russellbears Russell Bears
Perth
Website

Geez Melisa, what can I say... they are both just too cute :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

Melissa - Kiwi is amazingly lifelike!  He's definitely a ridgy didge (real) Aussie!!!  bear_thumb

Fantastic work!

Hugs
Marg  bear_original

Hazelton, BC
Website

bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower Thank you so much!  I really enjoyed reading all your comments!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Kim and Marg... those are great compliments coming from Aussies!  :hug:   I actually saw two koalas in the wild when I lived there - even back then everyone said wild koala sitings were rare.  I also saw them close up in the Taronga Zoo...we didn't get to hold them, but we did get to pet one.  I'll never forget that!

2catkiss LALand Bears
Oregon

Oh Melisa !!!  they are both so cute !!!  The one pic of him in your hand brought tears to my eyes  bear_wub
Wonderful work !!   How did you like working with the coyote fur?  Is it alot different than mink?

Kind Regards,
Lee Ann

Hazelton, BC
Website

Awww!  Thank you Lee Ann!  :hug:  bear_flower  The coyote fur was more difficult than mink as some of the hide was thicker, so my needle didn't go through as easily.  Also, the length and colour of the fur changes so much within a small area, so pattern pieces are harder to work out.  I had to shear a lot of the fur to let his shape show - he was a real puff ball at first!   bear_grin    On the other hand, the sheared coyote fur still shows some of the guard hairs, so it helps with the realistic look...  it also is very soft!

Sarah Sarian Miniature Bears
South Wales

Fantastic!  bear_original  bear_thumb   The 2nd and 3rd pictures really tickled me  bear_original  bear_original ...great poses.  You almost expect them to pop out of the photos they look so realistic  bear_original

Hugs,

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

bear_wub He's super cute. I clicked on the link and saw "awwwwww" out loud to myself.

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Fabulous Melisa! just gorgeous.. the poses.. the faces...

(I'm so jealous too,  I've never patted a Koala! bear_grin )

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Oh, WOW, Melissa! Kiwi is gorgeous! bear_wub

~Debora

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

i almost didnt want to look, your creations always tug on my heart strings, i think hes my fave if its possible x

BearMeToo BearMeToo
Sweden
Website

OMG, sooooo cute!!! Well done!!!!!!!!

Hugs

Ann-Marie

Hazelton, BC
Website

I just loved reading all your comments!  Thank you so much for giving Kiwi such a warm welcome!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

AMAZING!!! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Federbaerchen Federbaerchen
Munich - Germany

Hi Melissa,
I love your little Kiwi, he looks so cute! Great job!

HeatherM Posts: 25

Both Koalas are SO ADORABLE  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub Beautiful work as always Melisa  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Hugs,
Heather

Hazelton, BC
Website

Thank you so much everyone!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

I really appreciate all your comments!  bear_flower

lombardbears Lombard Bears Australia
ALBANY
Website
Hazelton, BC
Website

Thank you Linda!   :hug:  bear_flower

Bianca Posts: 27

Gorgeous.  It's funny, I don't yet 'know' your work yet I picked out two of your creations on this site today as ones I specifically liked.  I've just been for a look on your website and my gosh, you are so talented.  So many different animals and yet all so realistic and beautifully made.

Hazelton, BC
Website

Thank you Bianca!  I really appreciate your comment.  Creating is a passion with me and I'm delighted that you enjoy seeing my work!   :hug:  bear_flower

Board footer