Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Gigy Toronto

lego1.JPGMy daughter found a bear I made 10 years ago and wanted me to make one for her. After trolling the internet for a pattern, I found "Goldie" on this site so I figured that I owed you guys the end result. Here's "Lego" (my 2 year old named him)

Bear specs: He stands 13"; I used the non denominational blue fur my daughter picked out at fabricland; pad fabric she also picked out, it's flannel. I couldn't find any fabric stores, craft stores, or specialty stores anywhere near me that carried joint sets, eyes, or mohair, so the eyes are the buttons my daughter and I found at a sewing store. He is fully jointed, cotter pins. The nose is a perle 5 strand I found at Dollarama, so I'm unsure about the name of the colour. The bow came on some flowers and the skull earring.................we like skull earrings :)

lego1.JPG

honusms Fort Worth, Texas

Wow!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:   You haven't lost your touch, for sure!  I love the earring, the colors, the eyes, the ribbon ... EVERYTHING!  Well done - Leggo's going to be treasured for a long time at your house.

Sue

Pat Klein Faux Paw Bears
Tallahassee, Florida

Goldie sure gets around!  I have six or more of her incarnation on the top of my chest as my first ever bears.  She's a good starting place and a good "starting over" place as exeplified in a very fine bear.  Your daughter may have started something here  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Why ever did you lay down your bear making...looks to me like it's time to pick them up again.  Thanks so much for sharing.

Pat

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Just like riding a bike, once you learn you never forget.  Lego is a wonderful bear!  Love his sweet face.
Joanne

Gigy Toronto

Thanks everyone. I spent the last ten years traveling, working and studying and somewhere along the way put down the sewing, I guess needed the right incentive to get back on the saddle. She's now been bit by the bear bug, so I'm sure a few more Bordie and mommy creations will start popping up periodically.

Gigy

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Great first colaboration!

Board footer