Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

2catkiss LALand Bears
Oregon

Hello to all
Hope your summer is getting off to a good start.  Here in Pacific Northwest (USA) we have not yet escaped the cool temperature and rain, rain, RAIN ! bear_sad

Need a bit of help.  I am making smaller size bears, 4" to 7".  I have lots of cute accessories but sometimes, to really finish them off, a cute hat or bonnet would be the perfect thing.

Do you make your own?....or is there a TTr who has this as their specialty?
Or do you know of any websites I can check?

Appreciate your help so much

Best Regards  bear_flower
Lee Ann

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I guess it depends on what kind of hat you are looking for exactly.

CRs Crafts sells allkinds of hats for dolls and bears that you could then decorate yourself: http://www.crscrafts.com/products/vProd … 3=&L4=&L5=

I've also found that American Girl Doll hats fit medium sized bears. Lots of crafters make them and there's probably a pattern out there. You'd have to ask Google. bear_happy

amber Honey Valley Bears
Toronto

Lee Ann

I'm going to pass on a piece of advice that I got when I asked a fellow bear artist that same question this past weekend.  Go to a place like build a bear, and buy one of the hats that you like, take it apart and draw a pattern from that, then photocopy it to enlarge or shrink as needed.  I haven't tried this but it sounds like a good place to start.  Same would work for clothes if you tend to make the chubby bears.

Amber

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

The straw hats I buy from CR's Crafts but the fabric and felt ones I make myself.  Don't quite know what you are looking for.

2catkiss LALand Bears
Oregon

Thank you Daphne, Amber and Eva
My current little guy needs a "baseball" type cap.
I think like so many other occasions, when I needed just the right thing, I will do as you suggest and find pictures or examples and then make my own pattern.
It's challenging anyway...to fit a cap over bear ears  :crackup: but that is what makes this so much fun.
I will post a pic if I get this figured out...

Thanks again !
Best Regards
Lee Ann

amber Honey Valley Bears
Toronto

That is why you take a build a bear hat apart then you have something to bases your pattern on.

Board footer