Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Hi everyone,  I hope it's ok to post this, I don't want to upset anyone but I just heard about this issue and felt that many here would also want to help by signing a petition.  I just read about the terrible annual bear hunts in Russia, hibernating mother bears are lured out of their dens by dogs to be shot and killed, leaving their infant cubs to freeze or starve to death.

Each year, den hunting leaves up to 4,000 cubs motherless. Some of these homeless cubs end up as pets to local villagers, while others are taken as cruel props for entertainment or to be eaten in restaurants. Most are abandoned and left to die.

You can give these tiny bundles of fur a second chance at life. Please urge the Russian Prime Minister to ban the cruel practice of den-hunting, sign the petition from the International Fund for Animal Welfare - http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/534/084/459

Thank you so much for anyone joining the petition,
HUGS
Catherine xxx

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Thank you for reminding us, Catherine, about this important petition.  bear_thumb
I signed it a few weeks ago, but only mentioned it on Facebook.  bear_shocked

I know you all care deeply about the wild bears as well, so I fully agree with Catherine and hope many of you will sign the petition.

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Board footer