Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Kristina Kristina Bears
Edmonton
Website

I was just wondering if anyone has ever weighted bunny ears?? I was thinking of giving it a try! Not sure if it's a wast of time... bear_original
Hugs
Kristina

Fallenrose near Cologne

Hey Kristina,

I haven't done it before, but I have a bunny (it's the bunny mascot from the German manga magazine Daisuki) that is weighted in his ears. This method is surely useable to bring the ears down, but I personally don't like it as it feels weird (to me).
So, what I want to say is: You should give it a try and see if it works for you/if you like it as it is surely a matter of personal preferences.

Hope I could help you, Ariane

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I have  done that with tiny glass pellets.  Don't use too many and be sure to attach those ears VERY well as the weight will pull on your stitches.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

I, like Laura Lyn, have used a small amount of glass sand. It works well.

amber Honey Valley Bears
Toronto

I have weighted mine with glass.  I sometimes do this with puppy ears as well.  It works well for keeping the ears close to the head.  Just make sure that you stitch tight and don't use to much as others have already stated.  I would weight them and then pin them to the head to make sure that you getting the look you want before you close the ears and stitch them to the head.  Sometimes they might sit away from the head and look funny if the weight pulls that way.

Amber

Kristina Kristina Bears
Edmonton
Website

:hug: Thanks everyone for your tips. I went ahead and did NOT put weights in the ears...lol...not sure if I liked the feeling or not. So I emptied and sewed them on the usual way.
Maybe I will attempt it at another time....
Hugs
Kristina

Board footer