Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

lw2ndstar Annapolis, Maryland

Sandy-Web1.jpgHi,

I wanted to share a photo of my latest bear, "Sandy".  He's 12", and made from Intercal's Kid 2H mohair.  He is really heavy for his size - I got carried away with the BBs.  bear_happy

He was a Christmas gift to my sister Joanne, who is a bigtime bear collector.  He was a surprise, and she loves him and tells me that she's been carrying him around her house since Christmas.

Of course, he wasn't finished until just before midnight on the 24th!!  She kept coming over to my house in the days before, and all I could think of was "when is she going home so I can get to work on her bear!!??"   bear_whistle  (His paw pad shading might still have been a little not-quite-dry on Christmas day.)

The photo isn't good, but it poured with rain on Christmas, so he got a plain old flash photo.  My sister says that she can bring him back over to have his "official" portrait taken.   That's good, because I miss him!

Lynne

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

I wish I had a sister who would make me such a special bear. Lynne you have done a wonderful job...I would be carrying him around all day every day too. What a boost for you to have your gift so appreciated too...nothing worse than giving a bear to someone who doesn't appreciate it. Great job!

Deb Upstate New York

I think the photo (and the bear) is great!  Lucky sis!

This is my kind of bear.  I adore all the needlefelting and pretty eyes that are such hits, but I'm <personally> drawn to a more traditional look, like you've captured.  Super!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Darling!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Sandy is super wonderful, Lynne - what an excellent job you did on him!  I would love him, too!  bear_wub  bear_wub

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

What a lucky Sister you have and a wonderful Sister you are! Lovely bear!

Many Hugs Louise

Dilu Posts: 8,574

too too cute! Lynn, really an adorable bear

dilu

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Lovely, lovely classic style of bear, Lynne!  Isn't it funny how some of them you start to miss right away?  I wouldn't mind if some of my adopted out bears came back to visit from time to time bear_original

Hugs,
Kelly

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

....i want a sis too!!! bear_cry
Nobody making for me such a wonderful bear!! bear_cry  bear_cry

You sister is lucky to have such a loving sister and sweet bear!

:dance:  bear_laugh  bear_thumb  bear_wub

Julia

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

What a lovely gift Lynne

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

What a handsome bear and a lucky sister! bear_thumb
I really like that mohair.

lw2ndstar Annapolis, Maryland

Thanks guys! 
It really means a lot to get compliments from you all.  Makes me feel all bubbly inside!   bear_flower

My sister deserves him!  She is always there for me, and the rest of the family too.  It's funny, there's always someone in my family that gets a bear for Christmas.  She gave me the Bialosky Teddy Bear calendar (I asked for it!).  We rarely have any Christmas surprises, so her bear was a really special gift.
Lynne

Board footer