Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

P1030057tt.jpgP1030058tt.jpgStarling is my "summer bear" for the "Four Seasons Challange." He's made from wavy black Norton English mohair and a tan Helmbold mohair on his shaded muzzle. He stands about 13.5 inches tall and is stuffed with sheep's wool and excelsior for a firm, traditional feel.

Starling has black cotton velveteen paw pads and inner ears, German back-painted glass eyes, and an embroidered perle cotton nose and mouth. Around his neck, Starling wears a charm made from natural materials that reflect his forest home, and he holds a faux sunflower which slips into a small felt loop on his inner arm.

I hope you like him!  (listed at Bearpile and on my website)

Becky

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

He's so handsome.  Great job!

Hugs,

Alison
http://www.TeddyBearMohair.com

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

I love bears with two-tone faces, Becky.  He'svery handsome!

Hugs

Sue

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thanks very much, Alison and Sue! Starling is pleased to hear that you think he's handsome.  bear_original

Becky

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I really do love him Becky.  Love the two toned look with your very traditional design.

Joanne

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Very nice, and how generous he is with his flowers too

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Yes - he would definitely offer that flower to you, Katy!  bear_grin 

And I'm really happy that you like him, Joanne. The head design I came up with is very different than others I've done (I drew it while looking at my collection of photos of Lily), and I do think it works well with the traditional teddy body.

I'm inserting a photo of Lucky, one of the resident bears at the NABC (silly old bear!).

lucky_Jul8.jpg

bearsofbath Bears Of Bath
Bath, UK
Website

Starling is lovely Becky, a very handsome bear :clap:  :clap:

Ivyworks Ivyworks Artistry
Ottawa, Ontario

What a cuddly-looking fellow, excellent work Becky!  bear_thumb   bear_wub  bear_wub

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thank you, Carol and Shannon!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  I really appreciate all of the encouraging words.

Becky

Rasa's Cozy Corner Rasa's Cozy Corner
Haarlem

Very nice Starling bear_wub  He looks like Lucky bear_grin    but flower from Lucky I like more, because it is real bear_grin  Very nice combination of two colours and face looks very friendly bear_wub

Board footer