Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

P8240371.jpg

Hi all!

I know it's been a while since I posted a bear.

Here's my Boot Camp Bear  bear_grin  I am so happy with how this guy turned out. It was fun to take the class and if I'm honest, I really want to keep him. I found him a lovely vintage style box to sit on/live in.

I love this mohair! Sadly, it's a piece I bought second hand off eBay so I've no idea where it came from so sadly there won't be any more (I may be able to squeeze a small one out of what is left though)

He is going as a gift to my best friend for her Baby daughter, Alice who was born on Friday morning. I am off to meet the little lady and deliver the bear later. I hope she treasures him always.  bear_wub

I'd love to see some more TT members boot camp bears.

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

He's brilliant Julia  :clap: , what a lovely gift for a baby.   

Yes its annoying when you find some mohair you love and can't get your hands on some more.  Perhaps another TTer could suggest an alternative, why don't you put that question out in the general section and see what response you get?

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

bear_thumb  Thanks Ali  bear_happy

huggleybear C.W. Huggley Bears
Statham, GA

Great Bear, Jaina!  I am sure you can find that mohair on one of the supplier sites.  It appears to be a strait mohair and I would not think to hard to find.  If I see any among my surfing, I will let you know. 

Bear Hugs,
Cindy

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

He's lovely, Julia! I can see why you want to keep him, but you'll feel very good about giving it to a friend, too.

I really like the look of the smooth waxed nose with his sleek mohair.  bear_wub

To me, the mohair looks very much like Schulte's 1" straight style (called B75 at Edinburgh Imports). I hope you're able to find more in this very pretty color.

Becky

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub Great bear Julia, I too signed up for the boot camp, but with not having a computer at home and work being busy, I never did attend.  I am sorry that I missed it.
But your bear is really nice and I am glad you had a good time there.
Hugs Pat bear_flower

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, he's lovely

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

Thanks everyone  bear_original  He was very happily recieved I have to say.

Little Alice's parents were amazed and appreciated it loads - especially as for another friend they had bought her baby a Steiff bear but felt bad that they could only afford a little one. At least Alice will have a good sized Mohair bear to grow up with  bear_thumb  She was seriously cute I have to say and so tiny. She was 4 weeks early and spent most of the time asleep - I don't mind as I don't do well with tiny babies.

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

He is really really cute!

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Julia,

Is the same "Boot Camp Bear" by Nancy Tillberg, that Becky also made?

If so, it's amazing how two identical patterns can turn into two such different years.

Yours is equally adorable and I agree that the mohair looks fabulous (I love the way it goes right over the paw and footpads).  bear_wub

If Alice doesn't care much for bears, he can always find a home with me ...  bear_grin

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

Hi Peter, Yes it's the same pattern - it is crazy really. He looks like on of my bears, just as Becky's looks like one of hers.

I guess that's the magic of bear making!  bear_wub

Thanks for your kind comments xx

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Great bear. And fab fab fab nose!

Richard
x

dinimm Melbourne

Hi everyone. I did the boot camp bear with Nancy too - great course, well worth doing for learning different ways of doing things then deciding which way works best for you.  Here's a photo of how mine turned out.

Amelia-boot_camp.JPG

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

Aw, what a sweet lady like bear yours turned into!  bear_wub

dinimm Melbourne

Thanks Julia  bear_rolleyes

Netty Wassenaar

I wish I would have looked earlier on this forum, I'd seen so many of the bootcamp bears on the ebearz site, but the pics are a lot larger here so I can see them all so much better. I find it so amusing that you can still recognize the artist in the bear even though everyone used the same pattern.
Julia your bear is lovely, and love the mohair pity you don't know where it originally came from.
Dinimm Your bear is so sweet, I love the hat and bow finishes her off quite nicely.
anyway here's how mine turned out
IMG_1863.JPG
I don't think I have my own style yet, I'm thinking of giving her muzzle a trim.

-xxx-
Annette

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

Annette, your bear is lovely. Love the sweet little smile  :hug:  bear_wub Somehow my bears always look a little forlorn or sad (I do like a slightly sad looking bear myself though)

Fallenrose near Cologne

Tuffi-sitzend.jpgHey^^

Here's a picture of the creation I made in the boot Camp, Tuffi. I already posted a thread for him, but as the others posted pictures here too, I hope you don't mind me posting a pic here also^^

Hugs, Ariane

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

bear_wub  He looks really huggable  bear_wub

Fallenrose near Cologne

Thank you very much^^
I'm usually not too fond of the color pink, but I fell in love with this big guy  bear_rolleyes

Board footer